Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

What's her name, G-G? I might enjoy a cry myself. For Bally Conn's race there's the following message on the Sporting Life site, which has been there for at least six months:

Cannot Play Video

We're sorry, but we can't play this video for you.
We will try to fix this as soon as possible, so please try again later.

Last edited:
What's her name, G-G? I might enjoy a cry myself. For Bally Conn's race there's the following message on the Sporting Life site, which has been there for at least six months:

Cannot Play Video

We're sorry, but we can't play this video for you.
We will try to fix this as soon as possible, so please try again later.

Mrs Fawlty, (not of my doing that name) ground was horrendous, she hated it , the meeting was nearly called off. I thought the race was too short for her and told EVERYONE not to back her as I wasn't happy at all that she was running. Jason said they went miles too fast, which is why she is out the back for most of it. Love that man, he really looked after her.
Next time out at Sandown, she was bouncing, the fittest she had ever been, the ground was , what Jason and I both thought she wanted ( trainer didn't). Unfortunately, ignoring instructions to keep handy, the race then turned into a Horlicks, she was the meat in the sandwich at the third last, was almost brought down at the second last.........lost all momentum and her chance. I was absolutely fuming and prepared to kill him,as it was so hard to get her to a race over the trainer's opinion of what she did and didn't like, and everything for her was right that day. They came into the unsaddling area, with someone saying in my ear, 'don't be angry, don't be angry', he dismounted, looked straight at me and said 'sorry I really f***** that up'. Love was restored. Real shame as she was better than the paper results showed.

Send them an email....I did ages ago when that message was up for a while and it did get sorted.

Not sure if still on, but they have them from time to time. Racetech do an offer, two races for price of one, and then subsequent races are then 'only' £20 each instead of £40. I recently bought all of Rowley's from last year :)

Last edited:
Grey, wins at Kempton 7th February 2009 - is that him? is on line on the SportingLife. I just watched it. Bless him , slogged that out, very tough. :)

There is something wrong with their search though as my mare has a few races against her name that she never ran in, looks a bit the same on searching for Bally Conn too.

Just watched the replay of Mrs Fawlty's Towcester win, G-G. It's a very similar performance to Bally Conn's bumper win there. The ground was barely raceable, especially down at the bottom of the hill, and as in your girl's race it was a case of setting off in pursuit of a leader that had kicked on before the turn into the straight. You had to be tough and resolute to get the job done.

Thanks Grey, it's a stiff track at the best of ground. Jason said she was out on her feet coming to the last, she absolutely hated that ground, but was so willing. Plus he said she heard me screaming at her at the last! She was absolutely knackered when she came in.
Did you manage to see your replay?

No G-G, neither ATR nor Sporting Life have Bally Conn's Towcester win available. I've seen it enough times though to have it well printed in my memory.

Looked like Way Back Home fell fatally at the second last at Tipperary today also. Hard to watch. Gutting.

Time For Rupert, fifth in the RSA and in the Gold Cup the following year, has passed away in what was a happy retirement.

FarHillsRaceMeeting
@FarHillsRace
·
5m
Wicklow Brave fell at the last fence of the Grand National. NJ State Veterinarian Dr. Stacey Romano reported that he sustained a fractured right shoulder and was transported to the stable area, where he was euthanized.

horrible

Wicklow Brave was some servant.
Shame for all concerned.

Edgt

edgt-I have been a racing fanatic since 1980-when I was 10.In my opinion he has been the most versatile performer in that time - I spent half an hour looking and his career record and it is unreal - the races he has run in and the horses he has defeated -not to mention the races and prize money he has won. I only read about Sea Pigeon and Lescargot but Wicklow ran over 3codes on 3continents - won Group 1s and Grade 1s defeated Grade 1winners and classic winners -, what a horse.

Magical retired after raising a temperature shortly before getting on the plane to the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d completely missed this one....
a81a547d8b1c2e8c279f190c22510f66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back