Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

The rumour mill stared nearly 4 weeks ago, and was 100% correct with the diagnosis. Same scenario with Aramon. They should be compelled to tell the owners and go public immediately.

Racing does itself no favours at all with this kind of thing. Bets have been taken all of that time.

The rumour mill stared nearly 4 weeks ago, and was 100% correct with the diagnosis. Same scenario with Aramon. They should be compelled to tell the owners and go public immediately.

Racing does itself no favours at all with this kind of thing. Bets have been taken all of that time.

They needed time to lay it on the exchanges.

Tower Bridge PTS I’m reading. Hock too badly damaged.

Guessing Reality Cheque was also PTS after Leopardstown today, that really didn’t look good.

Anyone any news on Easysland?

Not entered up in the Cross Country in France. Got this ******, schoolboy style, running through 90% of my multiples.

Barizan never made it to his new forever home. Foot/leg trouble meant he had to be pts. It’s been that sort of year....

Don Poli retired.

Not sure why, but he’s one of my favourite ever horses. Probably the fact he was just bone idol like me.

Incredible he went off 50/1 with all those out there saying they were on. Shroods as Slim would say...

RIP - was some performance.

Just read that they’ve decided to retire Speredek. Glad I hadn’t realised he’d had a nasty fall yesterday as he’s a favourite of mine.

Why was there so much misinformation about Labaik? First it was a leg infection now they say it was colic months ago.

The truly great race mare Goldikova has died aged 16. She won THREE Breeders Cup Miles amongst her glittering career (14 G1 including the Queen Anne and Prix Jacques le Marios) I was there for the second of her BC wins and it was an utter privilege to witness.

Albert Roux, the onetime chef at Peter Cazalet's Fairlawn Stables (and country house), has died. He became a supporter of NH Racing after becoming successful with his famous restaurant, Le Gavroche.

[FONT=WordVisi_MSFontService]A flurry today...Might Bite also retired

[/FONT]

Loved that horse. His RSA is one of the best races I’ve ever watched. Hammered him for the Gold Cup year after, wasn’t to be. Then that was that for him, completely lost interest in racing.

That GC was brutal and the horse never recovered for all that he won at Aintree after

Glad he bows out in one piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The truly great race mare Goldikova has died aged 16. She won THREE Breeders Cup Miles amongst her glittering career (14 G1 including the Queen Anne and Prix Jacques le Marios) I was there for the second of her BC wins and it was an utter privilege to witness.

Quality mare.

Back