Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Willie Mullins has ruled Benie Des Dieux out of the Cheltenham Festival, saying 'unfortunately time just ran out' with last year's Mares' Hurdle second.

Interesting timing to release it..... gets his good friend Charles out of the headlines anyway!!

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

List of Tizzard horses on their Facebook page for sale - includes Fox Norton and Sizing Granite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s a shame when these old-timers - who have experienced fleeting moments of glory - are reduced to something like this.......knocking-out their horses for a monkey a go.

Last edited:
Balanchine has died aged 30

I'll never forget the day she won the Oaks because i was at Stratford, was the final day of the season when Dunwoody and Maguire were going hammer and tongue for the jockeys title

I backed the runner up Wind In Her Hair but did back Dunwoody's 2 winners on the track:)

Got to shake his hand after racing as well when he won the title

How do small stables get over the loss of their stable star (or any horse)? I understand that when you have a yard full of horses you just have to get on with things because the other horses need looking after but how do they get over it emotionally? I still think about Many Clouds lad and wonder how he is. I hope it helps that they know so many of us are grieving too. Feeling very sad tonight.....

How do small stables get over the loss of their stable star (or any horse)? I understand that when you have a yard full of horses you just have to get on with things because the other horses need looking after but how do they get over it emotionally? I still think about Many Clouds lad and wonder how he is. I hope it helps that they know so many of us are grieving too. Feeling very sad tonight.....
With great difficulty. All yards lose horses from time to time and as a very small trainer, it was one of the reasons I didn’t run horses NH. I truly love both codes but losing any horse to me was like losing a member of my family. I really grieve for them. The first yearling I ever bought (and trained under another trainer) died tragically after the most severe bout of colic I have ever seen. It took me five years before I could even mention her name.

Back