Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Thanks everyone, its not a bunch of phone calls I expected to have yesterday afternoon and I’m just so grateful to Peter and the vet for trying so hard. That she lost last years foal after the fireworks just makes it harder that she never got the chance to go the last few weeks with this one. She was a special mare who didn’t deserve to die like she did, though it was relatively calm as these things go and she wouldn’t have known much about it. For that I’m grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's heartbreaking to hear of these beautiful creatures bowing out before their time. I'm praying this is the last entry on this page today...Whatever wins the National today, I hope they all come back safe and sound...

Two horse breaking down on the flat at Lingfield in the last two races - will be lumped in with the stats should there be any tragedies in the National today. RIP Arctic Sea and Mindyourownbusiness.

Was that the one that was still running and jumping the fences? I wasn't sure if the horse had the reins wrapped around one of its legs but I did wonder also if it had been injured.

One with a broken leg was trying to be pulled up by jockey on approach to one of the races, could see the problem with the leg and guys with screens waiting to get on the course when everyone else had gone past. ITV just saying The Long Mile gone.

Back