Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Yes seen Dan Skelton's video on SM. The cynic in me would pick up on his repeated point of 'young horse'. So if he was an older horse.... a friend had a horse with them and said absolutely no sentiment between any of them, and that it's a 'factory'.

Doesn’t surprise me. It maybe unfair, but I’ve long thought the Skeltons (including dad) are hard on their horses. Rarely back their horses.

Solerina has passed away.
An Iron mare if ever there was one.

Wonderful that such a small stable could have had two such amazing horses. She must have had a very long and happy retirement. (just read that she will be buried next to Limestone Lad so he can watch over her. I seem to have something in my eye again…..)

Last edited:
Little Wonder 1841 winner used be the Guinness Book Of Records smallest Derby winning horse ; How Erhaab compared I have no idea.
Good to see he had a good life; well deserved.

Stud record says 15.2 but in my experience those are always slightly exaggerated so small!

Erhaab, peacefully in his sleep at the age of 30. Must have been one of the smallest horses ever to win the Derby. Glad he had a long and happy life.

Erhaab's Derby is (I think) the last time I had a bet in the race. I was on Guineas winner Mister Baileys who scooted about 15L clear coming off Tattenham Corner, but folded tamely in the straight.

Erhaab's Derby is (I think) the last time I had a bet in the race. I was on Guineas winner Mister Baileys who scooted about 15L clear coming off Tattenham Corner, but folded tamely in the straight.

Jason Weaver doing the original Harry Skelton. Made for a superb horse race.

Oh that’s so sad. And horrible for people to see on the replays as well - it’s something that we all know happens sometimes, but we don’t need to see it more than we absolutely need to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back