Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Reported on Twitter that Buzz has a suspected pelvis fracture in exercise this morning, and is out of the Long Walk. I should caution that his BF price is still holding-up at this stage.

Last edited:
Gripping tv when Top Cees won at Cheltenham Festival.
Tommo trying to interview a mute Lydia Ramsden .
Later his rider gave RTE an interview and tellingly told Robert Hall how the horse loved the hustle and bustle of the inside rail, taking every gap as it fleetingly presented itself.
That nugget of info may have changed the whole libel case methinks but too late, too late it became known.
Cracking horse who got Andrew Balding's eye in as a trainer also.

I was at the Festival the year Top Cees won. It remains (by some way) the most muted reception I’ve seen a horse get coming down the horsewalk back to the paddock.

I was at the Festival the year Top Cees won. It remains (by some way) the most muted reception I’ve seen a horse get coming down the horsewalk back to the paddock.

Whats the story? Thought it was a flat horse tbh. Way before my time?

Guessing a plainly obvious plot job.

Whats the story? Thought it was a flat horse tbh. Way before my time?

Guessing a plainly obvious plot job.

I really can’t remember the details (mainly because he was a Flat horse), but someone else will be able to fill in the blanks.

Summary as best I can recall is that Top Cees was the central horse in a court-case related (I think) to a non-trier charge, in which Derek Thomson apparently attempted to dob Keiran Fallon in it in some way, only for the judge to question his credibility as a witness.

It was all very unseemly, and the case sort of came to a head publicly in the weeks prior to Top Cees winning the Coral. Connections did not come out of the entire episode well, which probably contributed to the very quiet reception the horse received after winning.

Last edited:

Top Cees ridden very quietly in this race. Was called out publicly and the Ramsden sued the Sporting Life. Think he won the Chester Cup before winning the Coral Cup, by which time his reputation (well more Ramsden and Fallons) were established.

I used to have a few quid each way blind on Peter Harris's maidens around that time, and Top Cees won at 33/1 one day. Anything he did after that was immaterial.

Last edited:
I am so glad he's getting out in one piece.

What a horse he's been.

Happy retirement.

Last edited:
Back