Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Upbeat message from Seven Barrows, who say that Altior appears to be “through the other side” of his bout of colic.

Great news.

BBB also known as Schiehallion Munro :( the lack of rain has really hit his campaign hard so they have decided to retire him while he's good. Anyone know of anyone with a 6 star home who may like to take him on his second career, please let me know and I can put them in touch. He loves to jump and would be a lovely horse for someone to take on. Going to miss him at the races but he's been an absolute star for everyone. Thanks.

BBB also known as Schiehallion Munro :( the lack of rain has really hit his campaign hard so they have decided to retire him while he's good.

Sorry to see him go, G-G. I've seen every race since the Hexham bumper, it will leave a hole. But always good/better to go out well and look forward to a happy (racing) retirement.

Last edited:
BBB also known as Schiehallion Munro :( the lack of rain has really hit his campaign hard so they have decided to retire him while he's good. Anyone know of anyone with a 6 star home who may like to take him on his second career, please let me know and I can put them in touch. He loves to jump and would be a lovely horse for someone to take on. Going to miss him at the races but he's been an absolute star for everyone. Thanks.

Hope you manage to find him a good home to enjoy his retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see him go, G-G. I've seen every race since the Hexham bumper, it will leave a hole. But always good/better to go out well and look forward to a happy (racing) retirement.

Ah bless you. Going to leave a massive hole in my season waiting for the next outing. Cheltenam last year did for him I think. Both times Conor has ridden him this season he said the ground has been too quick for him in spite of what the official going said so I think the injury in his mind maybe a little, which is such a shame as always given everything. At that bumper at Hexham, was absolutely wobbling with exhaustion at the end 'cos he had tried so hard. Considering the vets gave up on him at 3 weeks and didn't think he'd make it, gone beyond all expectations.

If I hear of anyone, I will let you know. Are they trying the ROR website? They advertise on there now.

If I hear of anyone, I will let you know. Are they trying the ROR website? They advertise on there now.

Thank you appreciate it. Not sure. Irvine will probably want to retain ownership as he very rarely lets them go. Rowley's companion during summer hols at Irvine's home was an ex P2Per Irvine had. My muppet not going to have a racing career so in the process of what next for him? Someone told me he couldn't be entered into ROR as never raced but I'm sure the website says they can if they were registered as in training, which he was.

Yes I think there are classes for those in that category. That said the ROR seems to be imploding at the moment with most of the key people resigning.

I'm helping to look but not my decision but he'll need to do something. A young 10 and not a lot of miles on the clock and he loved his racing/jumping.

Get them to have a word with Emma Burton - she’s heavily involved with team chasing and she might well know someone looking - https://www.facebook.com/emma.burton.5074 might take you to her Facebook page ( also might not [emoji1787])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Grand Turina is ok after falling at Lingfield today. Looked a thumping one and hadn’t got up before going out of shot.

Last edited:
Back