Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

I’m Thunderstruck after complications in recovery after surgery.

da11c16feff640a4f38546b5d71c95a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Whittington will hand in his license at the end of the season, to concentrate on his pre-training operation.

Kemboy has picked up a tendon injury and has been retired. He was pencilled in to bow out at Punchestown but, although he will be fine after a good rest, he won't be fit for that.

Sorry to hear that but he’s given connections a wonderful time...hugely consistent and wore his heart on his sleeve..what more could you ask? Hope he gets a lovely retirement home.

Jeremy Scot has just announced that Gone to Lunch has sadly passed away aged 23. A wonderful horse who started out Pointing and returned to it in later life whilst also having a great career under Rules including a 5th to Denman in the Hennessy and was a much loved flag bearer of the yard.

Oh I’m sorry to hear that. He’s a horse that often enters my thoughts for no apparent reason other than I enjoyed watching his exploits back in the day. I love it when one if the smaller yards gets a good’un.

Kemboy has picked up a tendon injury and has been retired. He was pencilled in to bow out at Punchestown but, although he will be fine after a good rest, he won't be fit for that.

Shame you won’t get a last hurrah out of him, Archie, but he has served you well, no doubt about that. I hope he has a very long and very comfortable retirement.

Really sad to read that and very glad I didn’t remember to watch the race. Thought he had any amount of talent and could have been a potential GC horse.

Clan des Obeaux retired. A great record but one I never managed to catch right

Pleased he bows out in one piece and hope they find a new career for him

Be interesting to see what he does in retirement. I gather he could be a bit of a nutter at home and they used to take him hunting over the big Blackmore and Sparkford Vale hedges to calm him down!

Mike Fenton has got Politilogue I think ( pretty sure I’ve seen pictures of him on board) maybe he’ll go to them as well? It’s tricky when they aren’t the easiest to deal with.

Back