Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Tuesday has been retired following her Breeders Cup success and will stay in the US to be covered by Justify. Have to say I think she was really a bit underrated by many. Considering she actually won the Oaks on her third birthday, and ended up a BC winner, quite an achievement.

All the years that I dreamed of owning a racehorse and I realise now that I would have been a nervous wreck. Which I am if I’m watching any horse that I have even he remotest link to! I’m pleased to hear he’s come back sound.

I only realised just now that Okovanga Delta was running. We went to Rose Dobbins a few weeks ago and I fell head over heels in love with him. Thankfully most of the fences seem to have been missed out and I missed the first half of the race. And he won! I’m a wreck!

Missed that Potters Corner was retired last week

Despite looking in good shape at home it was clear at Warwick that the balance between his natural desire and his physical capabilities was no longer sufficient for a season over the jumps. It will come as sad news for his legion of fans but we are sure they will want to thank him, as we do, for a magnificent career that delivered some spectacular highlights and wish him well in his retirement, He has a beautiful home waiting, close to Christian's yard in the care of Harriet Tudor, Jack's sister.

I was given a share as a birthday present - I’m sure my sister intended it to last longer than one race

A great servant and glad he gets out in one piece

Happy retirement fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And winner of the virtual Grand National. We’ll never know what would have happened if the race had taken place.

Reliable fella on Twitter, Ferny Hollow out for season, though not announced yet

Didn't come from the WP Mullins account then. :ninja:

I'm more interested in El Fabiolo's ongoing absence from the track, tbh. Not entered-up in any of the Beginners Chases this weekend (though Flame Bearer and Appreciate it are).

Kayf Tara aged 28.

Some fine achievements on the track (Ascot Gold Cup I believe) and a stellar career as a NH sire including Edwardstone and Thistlecrack

Also my biggest ever winner Kayf Aramis who won the Pertemps at 16/1 (backed at 40/1 the night before)

Also my biggest ever winner Kayf Aramis who won the Pertemps at 16/1 (backed at 40/1 the night before)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That brings back a painful memory.

Kayf Tara aged 28.

Some fine achievements on the track (Ascot Gold Cup I believe) and a stellar career as a NH sire including Edwardstone and Thistlecrack

Awww one of my absolute favourites. Sire of my beloved Molly. They'll be sad at Overbury tonight. He was a grand horse.

Last edited:
From Milton Harris Facebook:
"[FONT=&quot]Knight Salute:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]We are very disappointed to have to announce that our stable flag bearer/warrior, Knight Salute, has unfortunately met with a severe setback. He was having a tooth extracted and unfortunately injured himself getting up from the general anaesthetic, he will most likely miss the rest of the season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Our current priority is to make his life comfortable."[/FONT]

From Milton Harris Facebook:
"[FONT="]Knight Salute:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#050505][FONT="]We are very disappointed to have to announce that our stable flag bearer/warrior, Knight Salute, has unfortunately met with a severe setback. He was having a tooth extracted and unfortunately injured himself getting up from the general anaesthetic, he will most likely miss the rest of the season.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Our current priority is to make his life comfortable."[/FONT]

Oh, poor Knight Salute, hope he recovers from this

Yeah that's gutting. Sounds like the first target is to get him through, with thoughts of racing again very much secondary. All hope goes to Knight Salute at least recovering.

Back