Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Glad Bristol De Mai has got out safe, was really hoping they wouldn't go for the Grand National again with him. Hopefully will get a very good retirement home.

Yeah glad BDM is out. A cracking horse you’d love to own. He’s better than watching him being tailed off in handicaps.

Haydock will do something im sure be a race and/or statue.

Excellent idea DJ. I was guilty of underestimating Bristol De Mai on more than one occasion but he was always a good watch but I was all for retiring him at the end of last season

I think had his last 2 runs not been at his favourite track they would have retired him back then

Anyway NO HARM DONE he's retired safe and sound which is all that counts.

Last edited:
Cousin Vinny

Patrick Mullins got started on him.
He wrote of going to Cheltenham to ride him in the Bumper.
The day before he went down to the start of Fred Winter to see how best to get a good start in a big field.
Anyways all 26 runners got away well bar one; Paul Carberry was adjusting his goggles when the tape was released.
Coming around the final bend Paul zoomed into contention as his mount Crack Away Jack , looking like he had just jumped in was cantering all over the rest to leave Patrick more confused than ever.
Alas my docket had Siege Of Ennis , finished sixth, ew first five.
Story of my life....

Not that I'm bitter but if they'd retired her this time last year she wouldn't have brought down Tellmesomethinggirl in the Mares.

Indefatigable has retired and is off to see Walk in the Park for quiet nights in and special cuddles :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the flag bearers for her sire. I always thought they were running her at the wrong distance on more than one occasion. Will look forward to her off spring racing.

Kicking King aged 25.....:( Really loved this horse. At least he’s had a long and happy retirement though.

He had a good life all around.
Really put Tom Taaffe on the map.
Remember Ruby being asked if Moscow Flyer should try 3 miles in King George against KK.
"Of course he should " came the reply " Barry won't be able to ride both in one race !"

A horse who played a key role in turning me from interested to obsessed

I loved how he took in a JD as a prep and always see this as a great step in a classy horses prep - JD and KG. Take note Galophin

I then met him, Beef or Salmon and Moscow Flyer at the national stud

My all time hero Moscow was as ignorant as sin to me but the king came over and got his head scratched

Not even Santa Claus could stop him at Kempton

Back