Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

It really depends. Some do on less food and not so fit. Others don’t. We were given Hennessy winner, Couldn’t Be Better in retirement and he just got bored. He liked hunting to start with then didn’t and threw tantrums so he became my lead horse for my two year olds. He enjoyed that for all of five seconds then started the same...the two year olds used to look at him thinking....”is that what we ar supposed to do next?”

And I was talking to Sara Bradstock on Monday after Southfield Theatre had won his 17th race Pointing. He’s now 15 and she said he’s crazy at home, but if they let him do what he enjoys which is racing, he’s manageable.

Sadly Envoye Special succumbed to his injuries after falling the fence after he unseated James King.

Hill Sixteen confirmed.

Recite A Prayer is being assessed as is Cape Gentleman who pulled up and looked like he had done a tendon.

Apparently the ashes from One for Arthur were spread at Aintree yesterday....that’s rather nice.

Oscar Elite sadly pts at Ayr. Looked to have broken down badly when PU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Alliance

fddb0e278a57db09dcb564fc7d0d3853.jpg

44585f57cc8a7f30ab3a321f995355fb.jpg

8e3a2ea5279428b7e588df3f89a5bc5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diverge and Master McShee both lost at Punchestown. Not a word of it before their inclusion in the HRI release today. Grim.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Diverge and Master McShee both lost at Punchestown. Not a word of it before their inclusion in the HRI release today. Grim.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Mortal was another casualty at Punchestown.

Diverge was referred to as "ill fated" by David Jennings on a podcast during the week so it didn't sound good for him. Post race vet report was that he had an over-reach.

That was really sad to see Creative Force go wrong there. Also looked like Swinging London went badly wrong at Newton Abbot.

Oh god....just see the re-run from head on at York and Creative Force is really bad....:(

Last edited:
Oh I didn’t see that one. You can see why they protest down there...and they’re going to highlight today if that’s the case.

That was really sad to see Creative Force go wrong there. Also looked like Swinging London went badly wrong at Newton Abbot.

Oh god....just see the re-run from head on at York and Creative Force is really bad....:(

I was supposed to be working but had the tele on but luckily missed it but poor, poor CF, loved this horse :(

Last edited:
Back