Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

And really if the horse has an obvious bone weakness, should it go off and stand as a stallion? Probably not! Mill Reefs progeny I often found were fragile.

I expect Desert Crown to be retired pretty soon. Another bad injury which rules him out of the International next week. Can’t say I’d be queuing up to use him as a stallion being how fragile he is.

I expect Desert Crown to be retired pretty soon. Another bad injury which rules him out of the International next week. Can’t say I’d be queuing up to use him as a stallion being how fragile he is.

He'll be bigged up for a couple of seasons at least a la Kings' Best who aside from being fragile, was a whack job, but look at his yearling average figures and you'd be impressed. After that, not so much.

White Strand pts after an injury .
He worked very very well up the Old Vic gallop this morning but got into trouble on the road home.
He was due to run at Tramore last Saturday, Rachel Blackmore booked to ride but Storm Betty put paid to that day out.
Tom Hogan had put together a varied and interesting syndicate that had reduced in number as horses and members went by the wayside.
His optimism kept us going through a sometimes weary road but there was sunshine , somewhere in the distant future and a steady stream of stories to get us there.
White Strand , we shall miss him despite his vicissitudes .

It must be 5 years since I put the young Nature Strip up after 1 run as a future Champion and he won me plenty over the years

Not quite as much as the over £11 million he amassed for his connections during that time.

Happy retirement old Pal

Last edited:
Was watching Chris Wallers press conference this morning smiles,tears,hugs and handshakes.Aussie racing is different class.

Eduardo also retired at the weekend. Clearly couldn’t recover from our horse finishing so close in the trial [emoji16]

Hope he has a lovely retirement as well - they have wonderful facilities over here for retirees and he’ll be loved and cared for for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyledriver retired due to a possible grumbling suspensory ligament. Sensible decision imo by Muir who said although the horse wasn’t lame, he felt something wasn’t right and would never forgive himself if the horse went badly wrong on the racecourse.

2 horses pts on the AW today and 2 more badly injured

Is it the hot weather doing this to the surface? it deffo rode slow last year when we had the hot spells

Epatante retired and in foal to Walk In The Park. Not sure if this should be here or in the breeding and bloodstock part [emoji57][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is not the perfect thread for this question, but any update on trainer Keith Dalgleish?

Has he retired for good or only temporarily, and has all or most of his horses moved on to different trainers now?

He had some half decent handicappers. A horse like Edward Cornelius for example, now he's been gelded. I was interested in how he'd get on.. Just wondering what yard he might have moved to?

Last edited:
He's still training -think the 'giving up' turned into a holiday. Edward Cornelius showing as still with him. Gelded 18th July reported so maybe taking time to get over it?

Back