Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Toronado has a pedigree brimful of nice surprises. 3 crosses of Northern Dancer (but not the usual suspects), the obligatory lines of Never Bend and Gone West, a bit of Sharpen Up and from the distaff family of Vaguely Noble (if Major LBH was alive there'd be 10 2yos starting with T carrying his colours in 2018).
An interesting sire for the National Stud.

Sirvino

David Barron's 9 yr old Sirvino, heartbreaking sight of him yesterday limping across the Haydock finishing line and on towards the stables with a broken leg dangling. Sympathies to all connections.

No they can't! I met him once, he talked about them in such loving terms, it was brilliant. Sad that Sprit Son didnt get either the career he deserved and the retirement he deserved.

Nx

US racing legend Cigar, who won 16 consecutive races during 1995 and 1996 before retiring as the leading all-time money earner with $9,999,813, has died aged 24 according to reports in America

Yes sad to hear about Spirit Son. Looked a Champion Hurdle winner in waiting.

Very sad indeed. I look forward to the Daily Mirror article highlighting the wonderful care he received after he got sick in 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back