Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Terrible news about Solwhit , truly awful , know you mentioned Un Beau Matin as well . Broke my heart to watch that , such a beautiful horse

Will always associate that horse with grassy.

great horse who was unlucky in some ways to come along at same time as HF.

sad ending but died a champion

Phew.....I thought the other horse had bit his foreleg aka Dorans Pride....thank goodness it hadn't.

Terrible about Solwhit . You live through these horses so a piece of you dies . Lost count of the pieces I've lost goin back to Valiramix . Is that just me ?

A lot of years ago Valiramix died . He was without doubt the most promising horse I'd ever seen , imperious , a towering horse , he was a grey and although he was young he was almost white . He seemed to clip heels and broke his shoulder . At the time I was romantically involved with a racing person in the media and I castigated them that tv wasn't reporting what was actually going on . Mc'Coy was in a distraught understandably but Channel 4 didn't let on . That still grates on me . We lost a great horse and the tv people didn't want negative press .

He was distraught but his first reaction was to throw down his whip, not to go to the stricken horse. I found that very upsetting at the time.Valiramix and Gloria Victis were both fatalities that shocked me to the core when they happened.

just happened to follow it's horsebox onto the meeting as was driving behind it then unfortunate to witness the relatively unexposed 5 time winner - 4 yr old Daaree (Godolphin, bin Suroor) on Friday at Wolves, just took a bad step and broke down.

Back