Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Ballabrigan in the Becher Chase RIP

And we all know but so it's in the thead for posterity,

The wonderful, brave and sweet Oscar Whisky in the Tingle Creek. Run free dear boy.

It didn't look good for him whilst watching the race (Balbriggan that is) but as it wasn't put up on here I had thought he might be ok
No such luck :(

Oscar Whiskey won 16 races and over half a million in prize money.By my calculations 11 of those 16 victories were on terrestial television and he would have been well fancied if not a hot favourite for most of those victories.For a horse that spent most of his career running at distances that weren't ideal he certainly achieved a lot.I would imagine his owner will be devastated.

Tough day losing those two. Balbriggan pulled up so didn't think he was in trouble, but poor old Oscar Whiskey's fall was a shocker. RIP

As people we tend to forget animals have best friends too trudij......no doubt Finians will be wondering where he's gone, the sad thing is no one can tell him.

RIP Oscar

I'll never forget a pony that had left our field a few years previously returning one day and joyfully trotting straight up to our pony that he used to go out hacking with. She wasn't quite so pleased, being a bit of a loner like her owner. I used to love watching the horses and their equine social life.

They do remember each other. We had one sold to Australia who came back two years later. He had been stabled next to a colt who had stayed in training here. They had companion boxes so they could talk through the window between their boxes. When the Aussie traveller walked into the barn he shouted to his old friend and they spent hours grooming each other and whickering to each other once back side by side. They were definitely happy to be back together.

My boy was ill for a year after his pair bond left and he's never really bonded with his current companion. At least Fininans has Bobs worth still, but no doubt they will suffer for his loss.

Racing can be so brutal sometimes.

Nx

more bad news

COCKNEY SPARROW, winner of last season's Grade 2 QTS Scottish Champion Hurdle and described by John Quinn as "the best mare I've trained," has died of colic.

Back