Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

2003 Kerry National Winner Native Performance was killed while out Hunting yesterday - he'd been a schoolmaster for a couple of friends of mine in p2p's and finished runner-up (I think) in the Sussex Scurry in April :(

Along with his Irish Champion Stakes for me Luke.
Once he hit the front he was never passed in any race in his career.
Rock solid through three seasons and overcame injury to boot.
One of the greats and underestimated by many both as a racehorse and as a sire until now.
So You Think an example of the type of teak tough horse he could produce.

That's so sad, I know they were fighting for him. RIP one In Milan.

I hope that's the only fall of that nature I ever see, a full somersault.

I still can't believe that he survived the fall, but really hoped he'd get through this. I followed him last season and am gutted to hear he didn't.

Actually it seems reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Someone from the yard has posted a picture of him alive and well at lunchtime.

Now THATs good news!

I don't know who started the rumour that he died but it shows that twitter/Facebook should be taken with a pinch of salt (and that applies both ways in this incase it's the other way round!)

Been confirmed that he's alive from someone who works at Evan Willians'. :)

Last edited:
Lol, not the first time and won't be the last - the racing post used to be notorious for putting horses on their dead list who were definitely not dead !!!!

Here's hoping Phoenix In a Milan makes a full recovery :)

Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures 2014

Double 7 out for the season ending my hopes of retiring on the back of a GN win [emoji26]

Bummer for connections

Last edited:
Was wondering why he hadn't been out yet; was it an injury from the last years race?

It has been decided Dark Lane will be retired and he has already been moved to livery stables in South Wales belonging to a contact of one of our members.

Mrs Renee Robeson passed away yesterday unexpectedly. True racing legend she scared most folk but really loved her horses.

Back