Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Any news on King Edmond who fell at Ascot in the 3.35 - looked nasty/fatal but didnt hear any more (even the commentator said it didnt look good but never heard any more)

Post reporting that he died of a probable heart attack, Ballydoyle. Sad end for such an honest horse. Always liked him. RIP King Edmund.

It's mentioned at the end of the analysis. Glad it was mentioned. Good servants like that do not deserve to pass unnoticed.

Long Run has more than earned a happy retirement. He isn't going to win another race, and I hope they will stop with him. He's been on the go at the top-level since his 3yo days, and his heart is no longer in it.

Last edited:
Long Run has more than earned a happy retirement. He isn't going to win another race, and I hope they will stop with him. He's been on the go at the top-level since his 3yo days, and his heart is no longer in it.

You are probably right Grass but I doubt if they could resist one last crack at the GN next year if he showed them he was still well next season.

Exactly. I'm another in the camp that thinks he should go hunting and having loads of fun now, but I can see why they'd want another crack at the national.
I'm rubbish though, I'd be contemplating retiring mine after their first big win - how could you ask them for anything more?!

Irish-based trainer Joanna Morgan set to retire. First lady to ride at Royal Ascot on Gallowshill Boy in the Queen's Vase in 1978.

John Kenny passed away last week after suffering a heart attack. He trained Jacks Island to win the X Country race at last years Punchestown festival & was only 36 yrs old. Didn't know him personally, but am always sad when people die young

Last edited:
Back