Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434782147.171770.jpg

Gutted doesn't even come close - I loved everything about this horse, his loaner had thrown everything at him and he was so happy with her. RIP Charlie. :(

Thats very sad, he was lovely horse, so very sad when you are doing everything you can to get them right and this happens.

Really sad about Channibar and also about Takeover Target who was pts after re-breaking a leg in a paddock accident.

So sad about Chaninbar and Takeover Target, Stravagante too - I'd really hoped he would make it :(

RIP all three lovely boys.

Part of a blog by Zoe Winston who is secretary for Gordon Elliott's yard

On Monday I noticed York trainer Rebecca Menzies had an advert looking to re home a horse in her care due to injury. That horse was Vuvuzela, previously trained by my Dad, I always had a soft spot for him and there have been just 2 horses I have wanted to give a home after their career, one being him.
As soon as I saw the advert, which was by then a few days old my heart sank as I just knew he must have already found a home but on sending Becky a message I was delighted to find out that despite receiving a huge amount of interest she had not found anyone to take him and that he was mine if I wanted him! I couldn’t believe it and can’t thank her enough, Vuvu will have a home for life with me and will spend this summer in the Welsh mountains at my mother’s farm further recuperating from his injury before coming over to Ireland to start his new life with me as a retrained racehorse!

Really sorry to hear about Ovedose as I followed his career with great interest. Agree about the Abbaye.

California Chrome, the reigning US Horse of the Year, is almost certainly out for the remainder of the season and may well not race ever again after bruising a cannon bone.

I haven't seen much about this, just a tweet from a couple of days ago, but apparently Strong Flow has died in retirement.

Back