Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Rough Quest passed away aged 30 and great he had a long & hopefully happy retirement. Some 20yr old aftertiming, but what a bet he was in the 96 National after his 2nd in the Gold Cup!

Last edited:
Was there that day, long enquiry after the race as Bridgey "snatched up" the second in a vain attempt to kid the stewards Fitzy had taken his ground near the finish.

Don't know what yet but something has happened to Alan King's Coeur De Lion

edit...........Unfortunately found with an injury. Too serious (break)

Last edited:
Odd. King does have a horse with the same name, but it's a 3 year old by Pour Moi who's only run on the flat, just last week too.

Last edited:
From what I can see there are two horses both owned by Barbury Lions and trained by Alan King , the flat horse is called Coeur de Lion , the jump horse Coeur De Lion

I was hoping not to read that; have been out for the day but read that he'd PU'd in the race. Sad news.

Charlie Longsdon has confirmed dual Grade Two-winning hurdler Kilcooley, who was pulled up on his last start in the World Hurdle at Cheltenham, and his full-brother Ballydine will miss the entire season after suffering leg injuries.In a further setback, Longsdon will also be without the services of the JP McManus-owned Pendra until the spring at the earliest.

B***** Had been looking forward to seeing those three particularly Pendra soon especially with Longsdon's horses running well at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back