Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Le Reve out until spring at least after suffering a stress facture in his neck during that pile up at Cheltenham earlier this month.

Le Reve out until spring at least after suffering a stress facture in his neck during that pile up at Cheltenham earlier this month.

No surprise there, I've never seen before what happened to him in that pile-up. He'll be doing well to get over it.

In the TBA magazine, they say Celibate passed away. A really good servant to all connected with him. I am sure it was him who Richard Dunwoody rode around the National fences for a feature one GN day, and the sheer joy Celibate gave Dunwoody as he sailed over the fences, clearly enjoying himself. It was a joy to watch.

Just saw on the Racing Post that Weapon's Amnesty passed away. I thought Last Instalment had passed, but he's still with us.

Roi du Mee retired.

I saw him being pulled up during the race but pretty sure that no comment was made of it?

Shame - where they the colours of West Tip?

No the commentator seemed to miss him but it was reported on Facebook that he has severed a tendon and confirmed by some of Hobbs' staff that he was no longer.

Back