Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

One of my absolute favourites and I certainly won't be alone in that. An absolutely PHENOMENAL horse, just so, so classy and such a gorgeous animal.

The warmth that last season's QMCC win brought will be difficult to replicate, I'm just absolutely delighted I have been able to watch his performances over the last few seasons, and I feel honored and privileged to have seen this magnificent horse in recent years.

Happy retirement Sprinter!

Gutted :(:(

I'd just been saying how gorgeous he was looking. Absolutely devastating for Nicky and the team at Seven Barrows.

RIP Simonsig

Seems almost surreal that Nico is injured, Sprinter Sacre is retired and Simonsig has lost his life in the space of 24 hours. Difficult to take it all in really.

This is absolutely awful news, another hard one to take. I haven't seen the race or what happened, just noticed a couple of posts on Facebook about it - can't believe it. Feel so sorry for the whole team at Seven Barrows and for connections of Simonsig. RIP Simonsig.

Gutted in two different ways about both. SS was one of the greatest horses of the modern era. He was truly wonderful to watch when in full flight. Heartbreaking for connections of Simonsig. It's a funny old game is horse racing.

A very sobering week for racing fans, really makes you appreciate these legendary animals when we have the pleasure of seeing them in full flight.

2016 has been a bloody awful year all round but this week has taken the biscuit both in racing but generally . RIP Simonsig that Neptune performance will never be forgotten and his run at Punchestown suggested he might be this year's comeback king .

Was there today and was in tears seeing Simonsig. RIP shame we never got to see him properly after the Arkle.
Sprinter, glad he's out in one piece, but 2012- 2013 he was simply the best I've ever seen.

Was there today and was in tears seeing Simonsig. RIP shame we never got to see him properly after the Arkle.
Sprinter, glad he's out in one piece, but 2012- 2013 he was simply the best I've ever seen.

I haven't missed this Sunday in 14 years but have had a stomach upset and stayed at home - very glad not to have seen this year's Shloer.

This season has started under an awful cloud. Just heard NiJH's interview on the radio which was hard listening. It's going to take a while to regain any enthusiasm for this sport after the events of the last two weeks.

Back