Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Taquin de Seuil , a looker with great ability. Adopted him as a cliff Horse the first time I saw him. So many memories, so many stories, some embarrassing. Nearly fell out of the upper stands when he won the BetVictor.. Deserved a great retirement and I would willingly have set him up in the fields opposite me. Will miss my old favourite.

Taquin de Seuil , a looker with great ability. Adopted him as a cliff Horse the first time I saw him. So many memories, so many stories, some embarrassing. Nearly fell out of the upper stands when he won the BetVictor.. Deserved a great retirement and I would willingly have set him up in the fields opposite me. Will miss my old favourite.

The ultimate 'garden horse'....

Hate it when they nurse one back only for this to happen.

Him and Vautour now sadly gone from that great novice class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More awful news with Fountains Windfall losing his life this morning. Huge shame for Honeyball as he looked like a very exciting prospect.

Liam Treadwell has announced his retirement.

Always thought he was very tidy and unflashy - just the type of pilot that Venetia has always liked.

I wish him well for the future.

Indeed, although any bump of this thread sends chills down the spine at such a delicate time of year. Consideration should be given to a separate ‘out of Cheltenham thread’ for the sake of everyone’s sanity.

Liam Treadwell has announced his retirement.

Always thought he was very tidy and unflashy - just the type of pilot that Venetia has always liked.

I wish him well for the future.
I agree. We met him several times at our racing club, and always followed his rides. A very nice, unassuming sort of guy. I'm so glad that, as a journeyman jockey he won 'the big one'. Really deserved it!

Zarkandar retired. Some great results from this fella and glad he gets out in one piece. Hope he has a long and happy retirement

Back