Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Captain Cee Bee died a few months ago, just saw it on facebook today.
Grey, Baldeagle and me joined an Eddie Harty syndicate in 2007 after Captain won his first bumper so he was a huge part in our racing lives for the next six years. We cheered for him and felt every fall, every injury and disappointment but he came back time and again pulling ratings of 95 flat, 154 hurdles and 167 fences. Has the speed to win a premier Curragh handicap aged 12 and fifth place Champion Hurdle at 13 .
One hell of a horse we may not have seen the best of.

What a smashing horse he was. It turned out that without telling each other we had each backed him for the Supreme at 25/1 after he'd won his maiden hurdle at Punchestown in October in a good time. He won his novice by 10 L a few weeks later and after that his price shortened all winter without him stepping on any track. His 2 L win over Binocular is a reminder why juveniles are up against it taking on older horses in the Supreme.

Last edited:
Terrific he gets out in one piece. Hope he has a long and happy retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure that it was someone on this forum that pointed out Coneygree as a horse to watch right at the start of his career. Wish I could remember who it was, but it really stuck in my mind.

The Last Samuri retired

I suspected this was on the way. He's never really got over his National runner-up exertions despite the occasional bit of promise that the ability was still there.

I had him for the Foxhunters this time round but at least waited till nrnb kicked in.

Back