Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Young Hustler at the grand old age of 32. A terrific horse in his day. Always remember him jumping the last alongside The Fellow and Jodami in the 1994 Gold Cup

RIP fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young Hustler at the grand old age of 32. A terrific horse in his day. Always remember him jumping the last alongside The Fellow and Jodami in the 1994 Gold Cup

RIP fella

Sad to hear,but 32 was a good age.i wrote about him on the grand national page,I remember him unseating his jockey and then carried on a and crossed the line first.when he was only 7.
R.I.P

Desperate about Josses Hill.
The lad leading up Altior was in tears, Henderson made a point of going over to him as soon as they came in the paddock and put his arm round his shoulder and walked with him for a little way. :(

Desperate about Josses Hill.
The lad leading up Altior was in tears, Henderson made a point of going over to him as soon as they came in the paddock and put his arm round his shoulder and walked with him for a little way. :(

Yes - robin looked after Josses Hill as well. So, so sad - there’s little worse than having to deal with another runner when you’ve lost one :(

They also lost She Mite Bite recently too.

Last edited:
Yes - robin looked after Josses Hill as well. So, so sad - there’s little worse than having to deal with another runner when you’ve lost one :(

They also lost She Mite Bite recently too.

It made me think of the John Oaksey book [which was one of the first books I read when I rediscovered racing in my 30's] in which he described the girl who looked after Ekbalco having to lead round her other horse after Ekbalco had lost his life. I think he said something like 'but she couldn't stop the tears from flowing'. Strangely enough I'd been thinking a lot of John Oaksey today as he'd always said Whitbread day was his favourite days racing.

havent seen any news, but from the live race, the lovely game front running mare Beyondtemptation looked not to be moving after a fall (and bringing down a following horse) at Hexham last night. Hope she got up, but sadly I'd be flabbergasted if she had done.

Not an equine departure, but Corky Browne has retired after 41 years working with Nicky Henderson.

A top man who has been in the Seven Barrows engine room overseeing some of the best horses we'e seen in the last four decades.

Here's hoping Corky has a long and happy retirement.

Back