Fairyhouse Easter Meeting 2017

odd race in parts but there's no way the result changes in any circumstances....class act

No. The winner hacked up and was clearly a brilliant plot by the trainer but several could have got a lot closer.

You may be right.

Confidence is high though. If both run, it's between Our Duke and Minella Foru.

You can use a 12-inch nail. Thank me afterwards.

:lol:

That's a great shout, GH.

I did have a look at it but couldn't really make a case for it myself other than the stable's reputation and it wasn't my kind of price in those circumstances.

Well done!

think the compliment to our duke is that the two front runners that went with him didn't get home, including a stayer like Fletchers Flyer...might even have pulled up...serious performance

not even a plot job in traditional sense as just ran in good grade 1 races and skipped cheltenham, ted walsh on rish commentary saying it's a gold cup horse in the making as it reminded him of what commanche court did in the race. tend to agree that he could be that good

think the compliment to our duke is that the two front runners that went with him didn't get home, including a stayer like Fletchers Flyer...might even have pulled up...serious performance

Yes, I made a mental not to check out the final positions of the other breakaway runners.

I'm tempted to say compare the difference in tactical positions between Noble Endeavor here and Un Temps Pour Tout in the Ultima. The latter race was a tactical masterclass by Tom Scu on a top weight.

Agree. The 2nd was given the perfect ride to pick him up. Instead he got murdered.

not even a plot job in traditional sense as just ran in good grade 1 races and skipped cheltenham,

I do think it was a brilliant plot as this is a race that takes some winning and he was a novice off 153. On that form today he'd have given Might Bite a lot to think about so avoiding him was the right thing to do as he could have left his chance behind there. Having said that, he was backed as though he actually had given Might Bite a race whereas his other form - imho - didn't suggest he could do so.

Fairyhouse is a lovely track. Fences are beautiful.

Proper Proper performance from Dukey today. Denmanesque stuff.

wonder would they take in the Newbury Hennessy seeing as they will be keeping the pair apart

Proper Proper performance from Dukey today. Denmanesque stuff.

wonder would they take in the Newbury Hennessy seeing as they will be keeping the pair apart

The way the Duke goes about it, it's probably the perfect race for him, though he will get a mark of at least 165 after this, I reckon. If he was to run in Newbury, it would be verging on criminal if Eddie Harty didn't give Coney Island an entry too (probably in receipt of around a stone).

Our Duke could have the race to himself too, as Might Bite and Thistlecrack will likely go the Betfair route for a crack at the Bonus, and he is a country-mile better than any other UK staying chaser he is likely to meet. I can't see OD going the Bonus route, as neither Haydock nor Kempton would suit him - he's too much of a galloper.

Last edited:
:cool:

I wonder if Jessie might bring someone else in for the ride, given Power's new retainer with Potts means he will be committed to Sizing John in the Gold Cup?

Any thoughts on who might be asked to step-in, if Mrs Harrington decides that's for the best? Geraghty can be expected to be on something for JP, so there could be a gold-plated chance for someone else here.

Think the owners have already turned down a big offer for the horse, so fair chance they will retain it.......though the pair you have mentioned are obviously easy with the cheque-book.

I'd stand for Russell, no problems.

What a year Jessica has had. Given the ammo she has, always seems to over achieve.
Have picked up a tidy profit on her bumper horses over the years but this is different gravy.

Back