Fairyhouse Sunday

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
Royal Bond, Drinmore and Hattons Grace entries up on RP website now. Three cracking races in store.

A must see card. If someone could post up prices when they become available please.

Ive seen prices on oddschecker. Dunguib at 2-5 will have to be taken on. Hopefully a few more firms will put up prices because the current trio have used tracing paper.

Drinmore Novice Chase 29 Nov 13:40 29 Nov 13:40 - 2m4f Fairyhouse

EW: 1/5 1,2,3
Ante Post rules apply, others on request

Runner Price Pesoto 4/1 Jered 5/1 Catch Me 6/1 Osana 6/1 Whatuthink 6/1 Pandorama 10/1 River Liane 10/1 Alpha Ridge 10/1 Aranleigh 12/1 Mr Warbucks 12/1 Roberto Goldback 12/1 Nicanor 12/1 China Rock 14/1 Clan Tara 14/1 Fosters Cross 14/1 Oscar Looby 14/1 Realt Dubh 16/1 Apt Approach 16/1 Bob Lingo 20/1 Shirley Casper 20/1 Kimberlite King 25/1 Lenabane 25/1 Caim Hill 33/1 Citizen Vic 33/1 Corskeagh Royale 33/1 Fisher Bridge 33/1 Mick The Man 33/1 Copsiano 50/1 Gem Daly 50/1 Hotel Hilamar 50/1 Jadanli 50/1 Quartetto 50/1 Old Hall 66/1 Rights Of Man 100/1

Drinmore Novice Chase 29 Nov 13:40 29 Nov 13:40 - 2m4f Fairyhouse

EW: 1/5 1,2,3
Ante Post rules apply, others on request

Runner Price Pesoto 4/1 Jered 5/1 Catch Me 6/1 Osana 6/1 Whatuthink 6/1 Pandorama 10/1 River Liane 10/1 Alpha Ridge 10/1 Aranleigh 12/1 Mr Warbucks 12/1 Roberto Goldback 12/1 Nicanor 12/1 China Rock 14/1 Clan Tara 14/1 Fosters Cross 14/1 Oscar Looby 14/1 Realt Dubh 16/1 Apt Approach 16/1 Bob Lingo 20/1 Shirley Casper 20/1 Kimberlite King 25/1 Lenabane 25/1 Caim Hill 33/1 Citizen Vic 33/1 Corskeagh Royale 33/1 Fisher Bridge 33/1 Mick The Man 33/1 Copsiano 50/1 Gem Daly 50/1 Hotel Hilamar 50/1 Jadanli 50/1 Quartetto 50/1 Old Hall 66/1 Rights Of Man 100/1

Kimberlite won't be running if it helps anyone. If Roberto Goldback shows up, he will do me at those prices.

I had glanced at KK. I have a feeling the race will cut up a bit and 6-1 Catch Me looks big. I would fancy him to beat Jered in Sundays conditions.

Ive just checked he was 4-1 when the betting opened for the HG. Mr Thriller had been the 3-1f but is a non runner.

Hattons Grace - I like the look of Ninetieth Minute. Thought he was pretty eye catching the last day when his trainer (and the market) told us before the race that he would need it quite badly. Catch Me is a fine horse in these conditions but does not come here with the best preparation particularly considering he was far from the most fluent of hurdlers at the best of times. Muirhead is pretty solid and should run his race while the rest look out of it to me bar maybe Shakervilz. Went backwards after impressing first time out last season and interesting that he is Mullins's only representative (assuming he runs - also in some novice chases. So Ninetieth Minute for the win, Muirhead is NM disappoints while Shakervilz as the outsider.

Drinmore - I like Pandorama alot, but in the 3 mile novice chase at Leopardstown over Christmas - not here. Seems to prefer going left handed and this will be his minimum trip so cannot be giving away ground at his fences - horse for another day. I like Whatuthink in this - impressive the last day, jumps well, stays well (but has that bit of pace as well) and shows a super attitude. Today could be his day before the really top novices come out as I am not sure they are in this race. Jered surprised me last time handling conditions and the trip so well but this is a step up and I am not convinced by his jumping. Alpha Ridge is one I would consider - will love the ground and should be all the better for his debut. Whatuthink to win and Alpha Ridge/Pandorama to fight it out. Do not know enough about the O'Grady horse.

Royal Bond - This should be a walk in the park for Dunguib - only a handful of runners they did not need to get that extra run into him the last day as his jumping probably won't be seriously tested on Sunday. Some Present runs again already this season - a decent horse but Tom Mullins will make sure he is good and sour by Easter time. Sweeps Hill is the obvious one to come second but cannot see him trouble Dunguib unless it gets very tactical and even then I think the Fenton horse will be too good. Bizarre as it might seem but I could see Takestan running a big race in heavy ground if they go no pace.

Sure to be a cracking days racing but I think the novice event winners will need to win their respective races easily if they are to make into genuine Cheltenham horses as I am not sure they are the strongest renewals.

I think the Newcastle race is far more suitable. He never struck me as a horse who wanted a stamina test. Granted the opposition is a bit stiffer.

Last edited:
I'm going to smash into Catch me if he turns up... He should muller this lot...

Anyone know if there are any prices for the Hattons Grace?

Maybe they know something I don't but if he turns up in the same form as last year (The only reason I can see that he won't is due to his fall - He would have been 2 from 2 over fences otherwise) 3/1 is massive. Probably warrants a 3 figure punt.. If he'd had a prep run over hurdles this year he would be around 2/1-7/4...

Muirhead looks the only real danger and I guess he could have improved but he will need to in order to beat Catch Me.

Catch Me (3) , Muirhead (3) , Aitmatov (8) , Ninetieth Minute (8) , Oscar Dan Dan (8) , Donnas Palm (10) , Hardy Eustace (12) , Shakervilz (14) , Healys Bar (33)

Back