Fairyhouse Sunday

No Trackside. Its just the usual bumper talk. The Mullins one wins with head in chest but Kielys is the best he has, arguably that does not necessairly make her any good!

Too fast in an Irish soft ground bumper? A rare occurance! They were strung out at the end but thats not unusual for a bumper given the wide range of abilites. Id like to see how the times compare.

The plan is to go hurdling with the horse soon.At half way I thought he would be in trouble going that pace in that ground first time out this season. He could of course not be good enough but thought the ride did not show him in his best light.

That is fair enough, the market indicated he was very smart indeed and must be better than that. We shall see.

Had McCoy done what Ruby has just done it would be ride of the century. Hes even smiling! I think he lost his whip two out.

Absolute stormer of a ride alright.

Just looking back through the card, Shuil Aris looks one to be wary of. Hit a prolonged flat spot today, as she did in most of her races over hurdles.

Just looking through my notes on a few of her hurdle races, and the terms "didn't want to go past" and "possibly ungenuine" both appear more than once. If she turns up over Christmas (at a track like Leopardstown especially) I'll be giving her the swerve I'd imagine.

I was amazed when I saw Pandorama at 7s this morning-I would have made him clear favourite.If he jumps the first cleanly he could shorten dramatically in the inrunning betting.

Was forced to take 5/2 at lunchtime due to the joys of work.
Gearoid -great call about Catch Me.

Last edited:
Read the thread back today in full Luke and was hoping you had a cut off of Pandorama. I had no bet but talk of his jumping being sorted out made the SP look big.

Gearoid I was getting ready for a monster bet on Saturday night but played it fairly safe today-unfortunately.

Good shout about Catch Me, Gearoid, you know the horse better than his trainer Mr EJOG. And well done to those who pointed to Pandorama's chance.

The plan is to go hurdling with the horse soon.At half way I thought he would be in trouble going that pace in that ground first time out this season. He could of course not be good enough but thought the ride did not show him in his best light.

Arvika Ligeonniere wins well on his hurdling debut....like to see him dropped back to two miles next time.

Back