Fairyhouse Sunday

My worry about Catch Me is that his hurdling was pretty poor (even at his peak) and that a recent fall over fences will not have helped in that matter. In saying that conditions will be ideal for him.

Pandorama is now favourite for the Drinmore.

I like Ninetieth Minute alot in the Hattons Grace think he is open to alot of improvement on his debut. Worry would be the ground but I think he is a progressive sort.

I was thinking that Pandorama's indicated price of 9/2 looked very big, so I'm not surprised he has been backed. If he has been backed to favouritism we should probably take note. I was taken with Jered last time, but have no strong view on this. Probably won't get to see it today... I'd appreciate a recap from those that are luckier.

My worry about Catch Me is that his hurdling was pretty poor (even at his peak) and that a recent fall over fences will not have helped in that matter. In saying that conditions will be ideal for him.

Last edited:
Apologies for the duplication.

Catch Me is plagued with leg problems too. Presumably they are not an issue at the moment? When he's on song he looks good. I've no idea if the odds are worth taking.

Last edited:
Think Pandorama will need to have come on a fair bit for his debut and also needs to learn to jump straight. Personally I think that Mr Warbucks was a big price this morning at 14/1 - has a fair bit to find on the hurdles form with the principles but seems to be a better horse over fences and is a winning pointer so the trip won't be a problem.

Aitmatov is not one to trust and is probably best fresh these days.

On the contrary, Aitmatov was actually very weak in the market at Navan (as was Ninetieth Minute). I would be pretty dissapointed if he regressed from that run today. If Catch Me is on song, the rest are running for second though.

Was told at the weekend they've managed to iron out Pandorama's tendency to jump left since his last run.

Oscar Dan Dan looks the value to me in the Hatton's Grace at 9.4 on Betfair. Has to improve a fair bit to trouble the principles in this, but he was giving every indication he has before coming down at Navan (only early December as well - Mullins won't have him ruined until after Christmas). He had race fitness on his side that day but I'm fairly convinced the key to this horse is that he has a strong pace to finish off, which he should have courtesy of Hardy Eustace today.

Looks the value play in the race to me.

Dunguib skates in.

Obviously it made no difference to the result but why did Russell let his horse drift right back down the field?

Cheers Gal... sick I'm missing these. Can't evening watch the replays on the soddin machine I'm using.

Cheers Gal... sick I'm missing these. Can't evening watch the replays on the soddin machine I'm using.

Won by around 6 lenghts or so.

Was in amongst horses today so his jumping to the left was not quite as pronounced as the last time but gave every indication that he would be a much better horse going left handed. Should be tough enough to beat in the 3 mile Grade 1 at Leopardstown at Christmas provided MDH does not turn up. I think he is a grand horse in the making.

Cheers, Grasshopper.

Was particularly strange to see McCoy let Ninetieth Minute pop the last given that he had booted him into the majority of hurdles throughout and got him into a nice rhythm doing so. Interesting that he took a peak between the last two ~ perhaps he thought Ninetieth Minute was further clear than he was in actuality (Taffe horse looks the type that doesn't do much in front).

Think Oscar Dan Dan will be seen to even better effect given a stronger gallop and possibly better ground. McCoy rode a very tactically astute race in sitting close off a sedate gallop and getting a break on the other principles. Would have liked to have seen Russell have Oscar Dan Dan placed a bit more prominently when it was obvious the gallop was far from strong.

Well done to Gearoid as well; spot on about Catch Me.

I agree with your comments on the race. I thought McCoy rode a very smart race he had a few soft lengths taken out of them turning in. Ninetieth Minute and Oscar Dan Dan are progressive but is the lack of pace why Healys Bar got so close? He certainly holds down the form.

Had McCoy done what Ruby has just done it would be ride of the century. Hes even smiling! I think he lost his whip two out.

Nothing like some filthy each way on the 14 horse in the bumper to top of a great days action.

Back