Fairyhouse Wednesday

I was at Punchestown with a dear pal of mine the day Zaidpour won. He was very impressed with the performance, whereas I was much more circumspect. I'm not saying zaidpour has limitations, but if ever a race took next to no winning, then that was probably it, and his market price for the Supreme is an over-reaction, imo.

I'd be disappointed if at least another half-dozen 2m novices didn't stake claims equally as good as Zaidpour's, between now and the end of the year.

Last edited:
See U Bob back over hurdles in the handicap hurdle worth a bet in my book. Looks very well weighted, especially on soft ground handicap hurdle form from last season, which he has an excellent overall record on so far (411).

Last edited:
Can you imagine if they offered £10 entrance for an equivalent fixture in the UK,they'd wonder where the catch was!

Really wish I could go as Fairyhouse is near the top of my courses to do list in Ireland.

Can you imagine if they offered £10 entrance for an equivalent fixture in the UK,they'd wonder where the catch was!

Really wish I could go as Fairyhouse is near the top of my courses to do list in Ireland.

Unreal isn't it..€10 in. Should be some days racing, wish I could travel:mad:

I would find it very hard to have a bet with any confidence at all today.

€10 in is cracking value bit I can almost guarantee you it will still practically be a ghost town today.

Glad I took the evens last night regardless of the result - Zaidpour is now 1.55 to back on Betfair - incredible gamble.

Agree.

Luke, would you not be as interested in backing a massively overpriced horse at evens as laying a massively undepriced one at the same price?

Last edited:
Also, you could see Hurricane Fly being a good back to lay if he travels like normal but fades late on. No-one would continue laying him at 7/2 with him hard on the bridle 2/3 out.

Like Voler each way in the next think the 9/1 is too big as she is going to love these conditions and think the fly will need it badly and i think solwhit is too short

Back