Fairyhouse Wednesday

Great to see Mikael up and he appeared back to his best - there was only one winner jumping the last to me. That's racing as they say.

All his swagger was still there - I do think there was a chance Jessie's Dream might still have won even if he stayed up as I though MdH might just have been tiring but before the fall everything you wanted to see from the horse was still there.

Come back for a beginners in Jan and then to the Moriarty I think.

the horse just clipped himself imo, by that i mean, his front two legs just touched on landing.

he jumped magnificent for a novice too

I was annoyed by that fall, even if I am talking through my pocket.

I suppose Townend was trying to educate MDh by asking him to wait for the other horse and go to the last fence eye to eye but it was a needless complication for a debutant who had already done and given plenty.

Just glancing at the times and there looks to be a pretty serious disparity with the hurdle course riding genuinely soft and the chase course riding quite a bit faster.

A funny sort of day Tranquil Sea was the one I thought I might back, but missed getting to the counter in time.
Mikael wasn’t the price he looked like being, but thankfully I left him alone… although he looked the right bet in the race, apart from the lapse.
[So being in the shop and too desperate to back something I had a little on Twist Magic… serves me right, a real monkey…]

Only just seen the news on Twist. Terrible.

Last edited:
Just glancing at the times and there looks to be a pretty serious disparity with the hurdle course riding genuinely soft and the chase course riding quite a bit faster.

Just now getting a chance to go back and have a look at the replays. The chase track was of course considerably sharper than normal and two fences wern't jumped (third last and the one after Ballyhack). Presumably the standards used were those for the standard chase track, rendering my comment above absolutely wrong!

Back