Fancy A Share In A Jumper With Hen And Terry?

Originally posted by rorydelargy@Sep 14 2006, 07:39 PM
He is a lovely looker with a willing attitude and a hint of cockiness about him. He clearly loves his work and posed quite theatrically for photographs, some of which will surely grace these pages soon.

:blink: I think we would rather have photos of the horse, Rory. We have an abundance of photos of Brian on this forum already!

Bally Conn is a lovely type of horse - a real old fashioned chaser in the making but physically very correct and strong looking for his age as well as very athletic with lovely paces. It looks like he should provide some good days out at least - he certainly has potential. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the boy himself :

BCschool-2.jpg

BC-1.jpg

BallyConnlooseschooling-1.jpg

And clearly he thinks so, too! (And that was a cute riposte, Kathy!) He's a chubsy boy, too - is he going to be made to lose weight, or will he be a naturally chunky sort, Dom? He certainly has a nice strong rear to pilot him over the obstacles.

Originally posted by krizon@Sep 15 2006, 12:49 AM
And clearly he thinks so, too! (And that was a cute riposte, Kathy!) He's a chubsy boy, too - is he going to be made to lose weight, or will he be a naturally chunky sort, Dom? He certainly has a nice strong rear to pilot him over the obstacles.
To be fair to the horse, he's not quite as chunky as he looks in the photo - although he is a lovely solid sort. He's not necessarily chubby although he looks to me to be carrying a little more condition than he was a month ago - which is probably a good thing, feed them up a bit after getting them in the yard and work on that. He isn't out of shape though, and seems pretty straight for the stage he's at - I think that his stamp will ensure that he will look like he's carrying more condition than he is. He certainly won't strip like a whippet the way the lighter, flat types do. This is a proper horse!

No, I wouldn't expect him to strip to looking like an ex-Flat horse, either - I'd be worried if he did. He's surprisingly short-backed, and his neck is quite solid looking! The shot of him going over a jump makes him look quite show-jumperish. My idea of an old-fashioned NH horse is rangier and bonier, with a plain head - which he doesn't have, in fact, he's very handsome and intelligent-looking. Just wondered whether he's considered as 'ready to go' now or whether HK plans to shed a few kilos off him, that's all. Good luck to the boyo.

As far as I can ascertain the hope is for October/November time provided the ground has eased a little (and the horse remains well, naturally).

Ooh, exciting! Not that long to go, then. PLEASE beg Miss Knight to run him somewhere south/south-west so there's a chance I can see him debut - Lingfield does NH in a while, and it's a nice track with no swirly bits like Fontwell, or helter-skelter like Plumpers. Pwease? :)

From experience I'd suggest that it'll be late November, early December and we'll need a bit of rain. Ludlow, Bangor, Exeter or Wincanton are the most likely. It's the pattern with hen's young beginners. I also forecast that his hurdling career will be a short one.

because I'll have nicked him...... B)

Kri - if you like the rangy, boney, plain headed types, come to us and meet J-lo ( Jaloux D'estruval ) I dont think ive ever met such a plain - leggy, boney horse in my life!! (but hes and absolute star and a honey to ride and handle!) :wub:

I do love to see those types going out on the long-distance chases, Troodles. There's something rugged and craggy about them, dour, rather than pretty. Not that I'd object at all to the nice, roundy, cuddly horsey Dom, Brian, and Rory have signed up for. Dom, did you ask to pop him round?

Hen knows I used to work at Edgy's - she knows the lads I used to work with back in those days and acknowledged it as a good era! She was a big fan of my boy Decoupage as well, bless his little cottons. I'm too shy to ask if I can sling a saddle on the back of one and ride out though!!

Back