Fareer

I think I have got my voice and composure back... freely admit was crying at the end and couldn't even speak (that's a first).

Thanks everyone for the congrats - it is a very, very special day for me and Thorman and I am going to go down into River field in a while and give Songs a hug and an apple because she's a star, star old bird and I love her to bits.

Well done Songsheet, you are down in history now and your undoubted talent to breed horse's is all for show now, enjoy the victory.

Very well done. Superb to get a winner like that.

Incidently, do breeders get recognised at all when a horse wins a race? I think the big meetings and bigger races should have some sort of prize for the breeder of the winner, whether it be financial or some sort of momento..

Well done Jules.

I was surprised to see the paltry amounts paid to breeders of the winner to be honest - even breeders of £2500 added bumper winners can earn £1000 or sometimes £1500 for fillies.

Congratulations ... first time i've seen close up views of the horse - very good looking animal. How do his brothers/sisters compare in this way?

You'd imagine the same race Fifteen Love went for at Goodwood could be his next port of call.

I thought Kinane should have won to be honest, held onto his much too long.

Saying that, and I don't say this often :D, thought Richard Hills gave the winner a very good ride and seemed to look okay in a finish for the first time in some time.

Saying that, and I don't say this often :D, thought Richard Hills gave the winner a very good ride and seemed to look okay in a finish for the first time in some time.
Well done Fareer, and congrats to Songsheet, but forget about the man on top, the horse won the race!

Very well done. Superb to get a winner like that.

Incidently, do breeders get recognised at all when a horse wins a race? I think the big meetings and bigger races shou0 with Trickledown Studld have some sort of prize for the breeder of the winner, whether it be financial or some sort of momento..

Here is the breakdown of Breeder's prizes - mine is shared, of course, 50/50 with Trickledown Stud

http://www.thetba.co.uk/hblb-breeders-prizes/56/flat-breeders-prizes

Back