Festival Previews

Was interested to see Justin Carthy at the Waterford preview-seems to be the top man for Ladbrokes in Ireland.
Hayley o Connor said Tony Martin critiqued a couple of Jamie Moores rides on Sire de Grugy to her-I think anyone who was ever spoken to Tony Martin for 2 minutes could imagine what kind of language would be involved in the critique.

Thanks Roger, that Waterford one is a good read, sounds like they had a good night down there.

Good crowd,good panel.Francome and Davy Russell are priceless.The preview went on for about 3 hours which was fairly intense.

The Waterford one was thoroughly enjoyable. John Francombe stole the show.

Corky talked up most of Henderson's but the one I was interested in was MTOY. Francombe asked him how Henderson has had so many festival winners. Corky replied that they are easy on the horses and always leave something to be worked on and gear towards March. He reckons MTOY will improve 7lbs for the champion. In really good form and electric yesterday morning schooling under McCoy. Reckons the champion will come down to the 2 English horses.

Now that's more like it! V.pleased that old 'no hoper' Sizing europe got tipped up- i'm on '25's e/w. Reads like a cracking preview.

Kanturk Point To Point Cheltenham Preview.

Friday 28 Feb

Panel: Jim Culloty, Patrick Wilmott, Patrick Mullins, Jane Mangan, Lad from Boylesports.

Day 1. Hurricane Fly Our Conor 1/2 likely in Champion Hurdle.
Danny Mullins the liability for the latter despite PM doing his best to prove that "blood runs thicker than vodka!"
PM had no surprises re Annie Power except that she was most likely to run in World Hurdle.
Trifolium the consensus in Arkle.
Hugely varied opinion in Supreme Novice.
Foxrock considered a good thing in NH Chase esp as Danny wont be riding him!

Day 2
PM very keen on Faugheen on better ground
JC would fancy Red Sherlock with Timmy Murphy riding not with Tom Scu though.
PM likes Ballycasey ew saying Barry G thought he would reverse places with Red Sherlock

RSA
JC keen on Smad Place ew
PM Ballycasey to win
All keen on Carlingford Lough to place
Many Clouds liked ew also.

Coral Cup
PM thinks Sure Reef has a nice racing weight 10/12 but stressed that WPM has "only" won 2 or 3 handicaps.

2 Mile Chase
A poor renewal was the consensus with Baily Green and Sizing Europe the ew value

Cross Country

A Carberry 1-2 Love Rory /Big Shu

Bumper
PM cannot separate Black Hercules, Shaneshill or Killultagh Vic
As BH was bought by Emmet and himself and won p2p maiden at Dromahane he is more attached to him. Given their last 2 Champion Bumper winners came from p2p route he prefers the strength and stamina of these types over flat bred types for the race.
JM amazed at the speed of the Naas race with Killultagh Vic keeping up an impossibly quick gallop.
JC informs that Robbie Mc p****d that Pat Smullen has first choice of Weld horse for the race and would most likely pick Silver Concorde, a horse named to be the aeroplane he is !

Day 3

JLT NOv Chase

PM and PW very sweet on Faugheen.
Both agree he would prefer good ground
JM likes Wonderful Charm and dislikes Oscar Whisky
Vukovar on soft ground would keep all the little Vookers very happy according to PW !

RYANAIR
PW Dynaste
JM Benefficient ew
JC First Lieutenant

World Hurdle
JC Big Bucks by a street.

Others Annie Power

Day 4
Albert Bartlett
PM all over Briar Hill. his Nap of the week . Believes he could win any of the Novice Hurdles there and is the Stable Nap ( even Danny could win on him)
Triumph Hurdle
PM wondered aloud why his father bought flat horses to try teach them jump for this race when he could buy p2p horses that would have a future !
PW Soft ground Calipto or LE Rocher
Good ground Royal Irish Huzzar ew
Guitar Pete his bismarck.
JC Guitar Pete ew
JM Tiger Roll ew
ANO Lindenhurst ew a steal at 50/1 !

Gold Cup
Bobsworth unanimous
JC hoping for a fast pace for Lord Windemere to be ridden for a place.

Foxhunters
JM Oscar Delta lights up at Cheltenham so is hopeful again!
PM Mossey Joe doubtful to run.
Believes it is Enda Bolger's race to lose with On The Fringe

NAP Bismarck
PM Briar Hill Irving
JC Carlingford Lough ew
PW On The Fringe / Annie Power Irving
JM Faugheen Oscar Whiskey

A minutes silence was observed for Ryan Cusack RIP who died last week .
Enda Bolger did not attend due to his bereavement.
An Enjoyable well attended night.
Baldeagle won a raffle prize so the drive home was good humoured !

Nice to see Calamity Jim being honest about Tom Scudamore's riding. Not popular in Ireland it seems judging by Gordon Elliott's remarks about Scudamore and fractions with King's palace .

There must be 200 odd Cheltenham previews. I'd doubt there will be more than a handful of informative or logical pieces of information at them all combined. To summarise they're a load of bollocks full of shite opinions and rhetoric.

There must be 200 odd Cheltenham previews. I'd doubt there will be more than a handful of informative or logical pieces of information at them all combined. To summarise they're a load of bollocks full of shite opinions and rhetoric.

except the one we have on here :D

Slim and I had our Festival Preview night in the car on Thursday.

Slim - is the flat starting shortly?

OTB - it must be I'm skint...

Back