Fighting Fifth Hurdle 1st December

To be honest DO I don’t think SB’s jumping will ever let him get near the likes of a BD. It’s just far too poor at that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shows BD was no where near his best for last years champion either. We Have A Dream is boxed next to him & he had to limp out of Cheltenham with an extremely high temp. As well as that the ground was borderline unsafe the Tuesday of the festival with false patches everywhere up the straight. That’s the last thing a horse so reliant on speed needs.

I think Elliott was over relying on the fact Mick Jazz was only a few lengths back that day to form his bullish stance. He said mick Jazz wouldn’t get near Samcro so enough said there on last years champion performance from the champ after today, BD clearly wasn’t himself last March but still dug it out.

He will come on a ton for that outing. Henderson said afterwards “He's as big as a bull, so he'll come on enormously. There's a lot more to come and he'll go for the Christmas Hurdle and maybe the Contenders Hurdle and back to Cheltenham in March. You need very good horses and a lot of luck on the way, but he's shown himself a champion today."

Last edited:
To be honest DO I don’t think SB’s jumping will ever let him get near the likes of a BD. It’s just far too poor at that level.

Possibly. I'll need to watch his races again but he is a Tolworth and Supreme winner so he is no duffer.

Maybe they've already accepted he won't make the grade against the best and he's being campaigned to get his handicap mark down to one off which he can win the Schweppes. I wouldn't put that past the connections.

Just looks like this year's Supreme wasn't a great renewal.
Agree with this. Which is making me more and more convinced Lalor wins the Arkle this year. 5/1 worth taking now imo. As big a fan as I was of Kalashnikov last season, I really don't think he'll be able to handle Lalor.

Agree with this. Which is making me more and more convinced Lalor wins the Arkle this year. 5/1 worth taking now imo. As big a fan as I was of Kalashnikov last season, I really don't think he'll be able to handle Lalor.

I have Lalor at 6s doubled with BD at 3s for March. It looks good now but it’s a long twisty road to Prestbury Park.

Doesn't look a good bunch of novice chasers at all
Exactly. All the more reason to think Lalor wins in March! He was undeniably impressive. Loved the way he went through the race despite pulling early, and his finishing effort from 2 out was exceptional to my eye. Was watching his debut again tonight, coupled with everything we've learned about the supreme form and other 2m novice chasers, has led me to get involved at 5/1.

Possibly. I'll need to watch his races again but he is a Tolworth and Supreme winner so he is no duffer.

Maybe they've already accepted he won't make the grade against the best and he's being campaigned to get his handicap mark down to one off which he can win the Schweppes. I wouldn't put that past the connections.

Where he might meet Verdana Blue, the other high profile stopped fancy from the last two weeks?

Just looks like this year's Supreme wasn't a great renewal.

I disagree. It was a deep race backed up by a fast time. Perhaps that's been the problem; perhaps it has taken a bit of getting over.

It might not have been the most brilliant of renewals but it was far from sub-standard. It was bang up to standard.

Samcro still entitled to a crack at Champion Hurdle -presumably Gordon needs to find a couple of half decent pacemakers.

Shows BD was no where near his best for last years champion either. We Have A Dream is boxed next to him & he had to limp out of Cheltenham with an extremely high temp. As well as that the ground was borderline unsafe the Tuesday of the festival with false patches everywhere up the straight. That’s the last thing a horse so reliant on speed needs.

I think Elliott was over relying on the fact Mick Jazz was only a few lengths back that day to form his bullish stance. He said mick Jazz wouldn’t get near Samcro so enough said there on last years champion performance from the champ after today, BD clearly wasn’t himself last March but still dug it out.

He will come on a ton for that outing. Henderson said afterwards “He's as big as a bull, so he'll come on enormously. There's a lot more to come and he'll go for the Christmas Hurdle and maybe the Contenders Hurdle and back to Cheltenham in March. You need very good horses and a lot of luck on the way, but he's shown himself a champion today."

Who wrote this garbage?

I disagree. It was a deep race backed up by a fast time. Perhaps that's been the problem; perhaps it has taken a bit of getting over.

It might not have been the most brilliant of renewals but it was far from sub-standard. It was bang up to standard.
Samcro would have murdered them as he proved yesterday running over Summerhill Boy.

I would have carried you and run over SB yesterday, Slim.

There's no way that was the same performance as we saw at Cheltenham, let alone an expected improved one for the summer off.

I'm not usually one for ante post bets, I've given too much money away for free in the past to the bookmakers but I've been going through the Cheltenham races looking for the possible race for Samcro and in the end I've had a few quid E.W on Sam for the JLT Novices Chase. 12/1 bet365.
Against mediocre opposition he can win over 2m, but against pretty good horses 2m4f minimum or 2m5f I feel best distance.

Wish you luck but I just can't see him winning anything for some time to come.

That said you need a horse that gets 2m 4f to win a Champion Hurdle unless it falls apart like it did for Sublimity.

They could reach that conclusion and still have a crack at the Champion as finishing 2nd is worth the same as winning the Arkle eg.

However he could make a better chaser so why not the Arkle in what looks an average year.? It also suits horses who stay further than 2 miles

Back