Forum horse connections

The Henderson one continues to impress but we have a very exciting youngster called Beggars Wishes, similar breeding to Williams Wishes. Lots to look forward to, Let Be So jumped brilliantly today and will win over three miles. Rolling Maul runs later in the week and is on top form. When do you think you will be back?

Good effort by Letbeso yesterday Roddy. I'm sure he'll get his head in front soon. His form is looking consistent too so hopefully you should have plenty of fun with him over fences.

Just read back a few pages and saw you took a share in a relation of Sprinter Sacre. Must be very exciting. Good luck with Beggars Wishes too. Peter made some nice purchases in Ireland that week and hopefully they'll give him and his owners more opportunities to go to war in 2015.

The Henderson one continues to impress but we have a very exciting youngster called Beggars Wishes, similar breeding to Williams Wishes. Lots to look forward to, Let Be So jumped brilliantly today and will win over three miles. Rolling Maul runs later in the week and is on top form. When do you think you will be back?

I got back four weeks ago Roddy. Let's fix something up between Xmas and New Year unless you're off somewhere tropical!

Unfortunately we're already booked. Or rather I've been told where I'm going!

I'll take her indoors racing somewhere over xmas though. I've just has a look at the racing calendar and one possible would be Newbury on the Monday after Xmas. It'd be good to catch up with the rest of the clan if you all have a free day. Maybe book into one of the restaurants if you're all available?

Rolling Maul runs later in the week and is on top form.

Is 14/1 a bit generous tomorrow Roddy? I see he is back down to nice mark of 125 with Sean back riding for first time in 5 runs.
That's effectively another 7lbs off. Sean Bowen as good a 7lb claimer as there is around at the minute...
How will he handle the ground? Forecast GOING: HEAVY (GoingStick: Chase 5.9, Hurdle 5.3) (Precautionary Inspection 8am Sunday). (Rain, windy).

Is 14/1 a bit generous tomorrow Roddy? I see he is back down to nice mark of 125 with Sean back riding for first time in 5 runs.
That's effectively another 7lbs off. Sean Bowen as good a 7lb claimer as there is around at the minute...
How will he handle the ground? Forecast GOING: HEAVY (GoingStick: Chase 5.9, Hurdle 5.3) (Precautionary Inspection 8am Sunday). (Rain, windy).

Think you're spot on Double Handful. 125-7 should leave Rolling Maul nicely in at the weights. The ground looked pretty soft when he won his novice hurdle at the track but that was over 21f. Not sure how tomorrows going compares.

Regardless of the result tomorrow I'm looking forward to Rolling Maul in 2015. Hope he can take his connections to some of the festivals and I think he'll hold his chance if he does.

Great avatar by the way. ;-)

Ps - Good luck tomorrow Roddy.

Last edited:
Our new horse Future Gilded runs in the novice chase at Plumpton tomorrow. Won his only hurdle race at Aix-Les-Bains in May 2013, and we purchased him the following month. Shortly after arriving he cast himself in his box and damaged a tendon, forcing him to miss all of last season. Although he's been given a hurdle mark of 117, under the new rules he's ineligible to run in novice handicap chases (totally illogical), and so we're forced to go down the novice chase route.

I don't seriously expect such an inexperienced novice to beat horses rated 139 and 138, but hey, it's a 4-runner novice chase round Plumpton where, as we all know, anything can happen!

Very pleased with that. Still there with the 139-rated horses at the bottom of the hill & then understandably got very tired after 552 days off. Coming 3rd he's now eligible to run in novice handicaps, hasn't damaged his mark, and picked up £900. Job done!

Last edited:
Getty entered in the Northumberland Chase at newcastle on Saturday. Track and soft going will suit but I don't fancy top weight with a few that looked chucked in... Will decide later in week.

Un Guet Apens has been declared to run tomorrow at Newcastle. Lack of options has kind of forced us to take our chance. I'd rather he didnt have to lug top weight around but he wont mind the ground.

Back