Forum horse connections

That was some performance from Rolling Maul on ground that would of been soft enough. He gave the the two in behind a stone. Pity Roddy hasn't posted in a while, if your looking in Roddy congrats!

Apache Gold came good (just) at his local track to win Apprentice Handicap for the second time. Donnacha o Brien gave him a great ride with a 3 ounce saddle so he must have weight worries for the future. Delighted for all connections involved here from Baldeagle to Grey to myself.
Finished for the season now. Easter 2015 Mallow Welcome Festival here we come !

I thought young Donnacha O'Brien gave Apache Gold a very good ride. And as for the horse, his talents are modest but his heart is generous and he's given us a great amount of sport.

Very hopeful that Primo Capitano can do the business in the first at Chepstow tomorrow, stepping up in trip following his promising debut last month. Desperately in need of something to cheer me up, following the news that Empiracle suffered a career-ending injury on the gallops this morning.

What a shame about Empiracle, Michael. After his 7L debut win and seeing those behind him come out and win races subsequently you were entitled to think you had a very nice horse. Good luck tomorrow.

Making the long trip north to see Shantou Magic make his chasing debut at Carlisle tomorrow. Has had a hobday operation over the summer as he finished distressed in a couple of his races last season (esp. in the Challow Hurdle). Not a great deal of rain overnight so ground should be OK. Expecting a big run.

Un Guet Apens has picked up a minor back niggle, and will have a week or so on the walker and a bit of chiro to sort him out. He was ready to run, but will now look at Aintree in early December.

After failing to persuade David O'Meara to send Open Eagle hurdling, I've taken a small share in Takafol, a 2yo that he bought at the Tatts sales and is being run in the name of a partnership administered by the stable. Hopefully next season's G Force who he bought at last year's equivalent sales.

Back