Forum horse connections

Question for pdleech: I notice that Bay of Freedom is not entered yet for the Cheltenham Bumper. Is everything still on track?

AC - thanks for asking. I actually talked about that in the latest blog on the website: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-diary/
He's very well and working great. Peter seems really happy with him. He doesn't always eat as much as he normally does but still eats the recommended amount - we'll just keep an eye on that. Last few days he's been back to normal. But like I say, working well and keeping condition. Peter's excited so I am trying to be as well and avoid the paranoia. Entries are due 23/2 so expect to see him then! :)

Last edited:
Could have a very exciting day at Kelso tomorrow. Even got the great retiree on board

Hope so roddy like the look of tanerko emery very intresting New recruit for the stable! Ive had a tickle at 4s may do a ew Yankee on them all! Lol. Any news of Sean's recovery mate

Hope so roddy like the look of tanerko emery very intresting New recruit for the stable! Ive had a tickle at 4s may do a ew Yankee on them all! Lol. Any news of Sean's recovery mate

Sean was kept out another 3 weeks. Be back for Chelt though. The way he rode one of my youngsters on the gallops yesterday he`s better than ever

Getty entered in the 2m4 Chase at Newcastle on Eider day. Probable top weight in a Class 3 for **** poor prize money. In other news Donny have a 30k veterans chase tomorrow... The game is run by utter tubes!

Had to listen to Letbeso on the phone from Lanzarote but he did the job alwright, I think we will go for the Midlands National.What do you think ? Nice to top it off with SDG and Ghost River in the bumper at Kempton

Had to listen to Letbeso on the phone from Lanzarote but he did the job alwright, I think we will go for the Midlands National.What do you think ? Nice to top it off with SDG and Ghost River in the bumper at Kempton

Hope Lanzarote is treating you well Roddy.

Letbeso ran very well. Jamie got him jumping nicely and he came through on the inside up the home straight. Hada Men wasn't stopping in 2nd so Letbeso had to stay on all the way to the line, and he did pretty well. He was being driven but I wouldn't agree with the RP comments that he was all out. I see no reason why you shouldn't go for the Midlands National. He jumps and stays and should have a low weight. Good luck with it.

Sire ran very well considering the ground was dead and tacky and he was giving lumps to his rivals. The Moore family are understandably pleased with what they saw and it puts him right back in the Champion Chase picture.

Ghost River was similar at Kempton. Good weight carrying performance. AP kicked on about 6 or 7f out and only the Hobbs horse could keep tabs with him but he was seen off in the last furlong and a half. Still not included in Champion bumper lists which is probably disrespectful of the bookies. Either way I think he goes there with as good a chance as any and I can't wait to see him go hurdling. His bumper form took a good boost yesterday when Ugolin de Beaumont won the opening race by half of the home straight, given that Ghost River had beaten him a dozen lengths over Christmas.

Last edited:
He certainly wasn't all out, he had plenty in hand. But these so called professional judgements are how we make our money

Totally agree. Hopefully he can carry on improving for you and the handicapper will find it hard to catch up with him.

He looks a nice solid jumper too so I'm sure there's more fun to be had yet.

Two of our young horses Red Six ( Roan ) and Miss Eyelash

These two young stars are looking very promising , both out of our mare Glacial Missile( winner 8 times ) looks as if we may at last have bred some good stuff. Just about to sell the mare, looks as if we are better keeping her.

Attachments

• image1 Red six  loose schooling  plus Miss Eyelash.jpeg
    image1 Red six loose schooling plus Miss Eyelash.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image1 Red Six Feb 2015  loose schooling.jpeg
    image1 Red Six Feb 2015 loose schooling.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 26
Good luck with them Roddy. I'll keep an eye out for them making their debuts.

Hoping to get myself involved in jumps ownership before the year is out. Watching those from foals must be some journey and whilst I don't have any mares to breed from I'll certainly get myself to the sales when I can.

The bay looks a show jumper in the making...getting all the landing gear tucked in. Best of luck with them. Who are the sires?

Back