Forum horse connections

Good write up in the RP on Rolling Maul yesterday. Hes going to have a warm up at FFos Las Sunday but its my grandaughters birthday so a visit to the track precluded, He should win

Archie - well done to Sois Gentil

Roddy - good work with Play The Ace, he has paid his way this year picking up those Stratford chases. Good luck with Rolling Maul.

Airlie Beach is declared for the Listed race at Galway tomorrow with Pat Smullen riding. I suppose her best jumps form would put her in the nineties on the flat but very difficult to rely on that figure. Realistically, in what is likely to be her final race, it's a shot to nothing at flat black type to further enhance her broodmare value.

James Bowen, Seans brother, to become a member of Nicky Hendersons team from Oct 1. hopefully I can still use him having stroked him from his early days

Well done Airlie, Archie and Co.

Roddy - how is Rolling Maul after his run the other day? He seemed to be on and off the bridle for a lot of the way and before the weight would have been an issue. Would still be good to see him in the Ces if he can sneak in at the bottom.

Thanks all. What a mare she's been. Just the one bumper run/win in 2015 but since July 2016 she's run 13 times, won 8 (including Listed, G3 and G1 over hurdles and Listed on the flat) and placed 3, earning over £165k. Ridden by 7 different jockeys including 4 champions. Not bad for a £20k purchase.

I have to admit that I wanted to keep her in training and try her at 3 miles this season but it was not to be. I suppose that winning at 12 furlongs on the flat does more for the broodmare value but I'm in it for the racing and the money is just a bonus.

Thanks Airlie.

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/h...9/airlie-beach

Thanks all. What a mare she's been. Just the one bumper run/win in 2015 but since July 2016 she's run 13 times, won 8 (including Listed, G3 and G1 over hurdles and Listed on the flat) and placed 3, earning over £165k. Ridden by 7 different jockeys including 4 champions. Not bad for a £20k purchase.

I have to admit that I wanted to keep her in training and try her at 3 miles this season but it was not to be. I suppose that winning at 12 furlongs on the flat does more for the broodmare value but I'm in it for the racing and the money is just a bonus.

Thanks Airlie.

Its a great story Archie. Those sensible purchases that turn out to be high class for regular owners/ syndicates are one of the satisfying racing storylines.

Good luck with the foal, and whatever is decided for it.

He seems fine, couldn't handle the going according to the jockey, although he has won on it before. Plan is to go hurdling on that first Chelt meeting but you never know

Thanks Airlie.

Airlie Beach (right) saying goodbye and good luck to her son

attachment.php

Attachments

• Goodbye Airlie Beach.JPG
    Goodbye Airlie Beach.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 157
Hi All firstly I must say I enjoy this forum a lot and have followed it for years. I've been a member of various syndicates in the past but have recently set up a joint venture with racing friends called Pioneer Horse Racing with horses in training with Gordon Elliott and plans to expand with Ben Pauling. We had our first winner at Perth today with Pat's Oscar and with a bit of luck we hope she can follow up tomorrow. Our website is www.pioneerhorseracing.com if anyone wanted more information don't hesistate to get into contact.

Best of luck and welcome on board; nice to have an inside track in Elliot's.
Very professional website, i hope the horses perform as well for you.

Cheers edgt, a non runner due to a combo of being a little sore and the ground.

We have an Open Day at Gordon's on Saturday 7th October for owners and prospective owners. The facilities are top class and it is easy to see how he is going strength to strength. If anyone is interested in attending please don't hesitate to get in contact via the website or our social media as we will need to know numbers in relation to attendance.

We have Cornakill Rose running for Pioneer Racing tomorrow in the bumper at Tramore. If she can replicate her form shown behind Brahma Bull then she should go close.

Back