Forum horse connections

Without being familiar with Newmarket, the horse was working on public gallops, so therefore Flame is entitled to post his thoughts on how the horse is going.

Flame's exact words were with regards to plans "The word is that the horse is going for a mile maiden at the Craven meeting, perhaps you can confirm ?" How you twisted that to be 'telling' Kauto where to run the horse I haven't a clue. Not only is it petty - it's also inaccurate.

Anyway, I agree with the general view that anybody taking any heed of buzz horses in February wants their heads checked!

Indeed - an honest mistake!

Nevertheless, I do think you're being a bit petty about the whole thing. Maybe it's a personal difference, but if someone asked to confirm plans they had heard mooted for my horse, I certainly wouldn't find it "galling."

Crikey - a real eye-filler, Kauto - there's a touch of the CHOISIR to his build. Beauuutiful colour, too. All the very best to him.

Good luck with him Cantoris - like you hint at, it is a pretty weak race and he should be more than good enough for this.

Terrific! Well done, KK, and to Matt O'Connor, who gave him a sensible ride. I've not seen your horsey before, Cantoris, but what a good sort he is: plenty of depth and breadth, and a biddable attitude. Hope you've had a cracking day and enjoyed your champagne moment!

Didn't make it out of work but watched in the bookies. Delighted. He's got a decent engine, it's just his IQ wouldn't be the highest and the slower pace over the longer trip suited him. People think Colm can't train jumpers due to the number of fallers he has, but he has done everything possible with them and had a showjumping lad in the last two weekends working on him. It's simply that some of his horses are clumsy (KK) or not the most robust (Big Zeb, Zaarito).

I have to give a special mention to Matt who has now won on KK three times. He's a fine young rider and we were happy to keep the faith with him when others might have thought of using someone else. Hopefully, that's the confidence booster he needs as he's waited a long time for it and delighted that we were able to give it to him.

Back