Forum horse connections

The dream is still alive :thumbsup: ! (but more than that he's still, and always will be your your big daft baby ]

He is.

Slightly unhappy at the rain for making no difference to the ground, but we’ll walk it later and decide from there. No sense whatsoever ruining him for the sake of a run when it’s like a motorway.

Last edited:
Non-runner.

Indeed we are. WAY too firm for any of ours liking and when there’s Newton abbot next week ( which is currently soft side of good!) there’s no point risking him. If there had been other non runners we would have gone for the extra experience, but I’m not buggering him up for the sake of it - he’s only just four, he’s a big horse and it’s just not worth it.
( especially for JCR prize money, but that’s a different gripe!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of fine weather predicted for this way from the weekend onwards; so I'd be surprised if soft was anywhere
in the going description for NA come next Wednesday. Good luck anyway. I might have a day out there myself.

Last edited:
A lot of fine weather predicted for this way from the weekend onwards; so I'd be surprised if soft was anywhere
in the going description for NA come next Wednesday. Good luck anyway. I might have a day out there myself.

Give me a shout if you do, if I’ve got a spare you can have a ticket ( and if it all goes tits up you promise not to laugh at him [emoji3061] )

We don’t mind good ground, but right now it’s good to soft, good in places ( unsurprisingly, given the amount of rain we’ve had the last few days!!) and they always used to be pretty good at giving nice ground down there, so you’d expect it to be no worse than good. Wincanton had a restriction on their water ( the updates talked about “with the water we have”, so couldn’t do as much as I think they would have liked to.)

The only worry we have really is that it’s quite tight and he’s a big chap with a very big stride, but he needs to run somewhere - he’s bouncing out of his skin! It’s a decent prize though ( it’s a 6k race) so I’m not expecting to get in, I’d bet a fair bit that when I look later we’ve got a ballot number - and with 37 entered we’d need a fair few to come out.

Last edited:
Took the plunge last year with Supreme Racing in Ireland & Willie Mullins who has 4 mares in training & The Owners Group with Nicky Henderson who has one. The latter makes his debut in the Warwick Bumper tomorrow evening.

Hurling Magic is the 3/1 fav and while tomorrow is all about educating him for a novice campaign next season they think he moves well enough. Hopefully he can be in the shake up at the end.

Best of luck, KA. I'm in the Supreme Shantou mare (Get Over It) so hopefully we'll both be cheering her on soon.

Last edited:
Thanks all. Hurling Magic pulled this morning I assume because of ground. Hopefully be entered up again soon.

There's a layer offering 159/1 on your fella winning tomorrow, only for £2 though.

I'm tempted, and that would really make me shout him home tomorrow!

Good Night :)

Thought we might take this instead and see if anyone notices....

fe9c91617e1898fbff5c85d2e25f8737.jpg

To be fair, he’s no 100-1 shot, but I doubt that he will be winning. I’ll settle for not shitting his pants part way through [emoji23][emoji23]

Bast%rds at Sporting Life are unbelievers.

Beaten a mile at 150/1 on debut in Bumper last month and impossible to fancy on the evidence of that.

There was always going to be one [emoji23][emoji23]

Everyone else has kindly said “green when tailed off “ [emoji3061][emoji3061]

My take . . . . . The boy looked fab Trudi, a credit to you, and he obviously felt pretty fab too as he kept wringing his neck as they were lining up ;) . . . . . . obviously far too cool for school :cool:
I thought he settled well enough mid pack. . . . just that after about half way he decided it wasn't quite as much fun as he'd hoped :rolleyes:

Back