Forum horse connections

Well raisin comes back after his holiday on September 1st at Worcester all being well, he had a racecourse canter the other day round kempton and he’s having a gallop at Salisbury tomorrow morning - he’s come back from his holidays bigger and stronger, but it is yet to be seen if his brain has connected what he’s meant to be doing yet. There will be headgear purely because I’m loath to give up without giving that a go. Chances are he’s going to be winging his way to a new home to cause havoc in the show ring or dressage arena though. ( don’t all rush at once!)
Photo from kempton. Him, going faster than a trot AND a winning post in the same photo....
155eefd616de6dce72653cc380c6e97c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Getaway Gorgeous returns to the track tomorrow after almost a year off following a hairline crack in her pelvis. The "good one" referred to in the above quote was Gypsy Island, who beat Gorgeous 5 lengths at Ballinrobe but has indeed turned out to be a good one.
All the best Art. It'll be good to see her back on the racetrack. A spin round first time after her layoff and anything better is a bonus.

Well raisin comes back after his holiday on September 1st at Worcester all being well, he had a racecourse canter the other day round kempton and he’s having a gallop at Salisbury tomorrow morning - he’s come back from his holidays bigger and stronger, but it is yet to be seen if his brain has connected what he’s meant to be doing yet. There will be headgear purely because I’m loath to give up without giving that a go. Chances are he’s going to be winging his way to a new home to cause havoc in the show ring or dressage arena though. ( don’t all rush at once!)
Photo from kempton. Him, going faster than a trot AND a winning post in the same photo....
155eefd616de6dce72653cc380c6e97c.jpg

Bonne chance ... that doesn't translate to good chance btw :lol: x

Getaway Gorgeous returns to the track tomorrow after almost a year off following a hairline crack in her pelvis. The "good one" referred to in the above quote was Gypsy Island, who beat Gorgeous 5 lengths at Ballinrobe but has indeed turned out to be a good one.

Easy stuff. Well done. How many of you are in this one?

Thanks P J, there are quite a few of us, some with ten per cent shares, some with five.

Most of the same people also have shares in another mare, Jazzaway, who should be making her debut soon, so there's plenty to look forward to just now.

We don't own them outright by the way, we are leasing her from their respective breeders.

Well done Art and co. Missed this yesterday, but watched the re-run this morning and she did that nicely. Hopefully she stays fit and well this season and you have lots of fun with her

Thanks P J, there are quite a few of us, some with ten per cent shares, some with five.

Most of the same people also have shares in another mare, Jazzaway, who should be making her debut soon, so there's plenty to look forward to just now.

We don't own them outright by the way, we are leasing her from their respective breeders.

In the right hands. Good luck to all involved

Well done, Grey and friends. I was down at Closutton on Thursday with a big Supreme group and we were mainly concentrating on our own horses but most of those that we saw on the gallops looked on good terms with themselves albeit at different stages in their preparation.

Our next prodigy, Jazzaway, makes her debut in this evening's bumper at Sligo. She's bred for the job, being a full sister to Briar Hill, but she faces some tough-looking opposition.

That's a tasty looking bumper for Sligo in August! She will be tested. I have the Kelly yoke, Urabamba, on my tracker from his Ballinrobe run and might have a bet if he looks like being supported.

Good Luck!

With the benefit of hindsight, that 4yo fillies bumper won at Ballinrobe last August by Gypsy Island was quite a race, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th all won subsequently. You can run into some good horses even at this time of year.

Thanks everyone, it's been a great few days. The two heroines are fine after their exertions, so hopefully there's more to look forward to.

By the way Eddie (edgt) and Pat (Baldeagle) are also in Jazzaway.

Archie - Good luck at Killarny with Robin De Carlow

It's a little easier following Moon Over Germany's withdrawal and hopefully she gets a confidence boosting win tonight

Cheers Perp. I thought she worked particularly well last Thursday and I hope she can put the last day behind her with a clear round.

First of our mares Blue Jacaranda makes her debut at Kilbeggan tomorrow evening. She’s been working quiet well and hopefully puts up a good show on debut. Lots of stamina in her pedigree but hoping she has enough toe to get her around Kilbeggan.

Back