Forum horse connections

My take . . . . . The boy looked fab Trudi, a credit to you, and he obviously felt pretty fab too as he kept wringing his neck as they were lining up ;) . . . . . . obviously far too cool for school :cool:
I thought he settled well enough mid pack. . . . just that after about half way he decided it wasn't quite as much fun as he'd hoped :rolleyes:

Thanks - I can’t take any credit for him though, Grape made him as lovey looking as he is and Jess turns him out beautifully - I genuinely think she was robbed of the turnout today. He just seems to have a problem with doing more than a mile - and isn’t one bit bothered that the pack go off without him, which is slightly concerning for a prey pack animal - he’d definitely be the dead one [emoji38][emoji38]

One of two things will happen now, either a holiday and school him when he comes back in, or school him and see what he thinks before his holiday. He’s been on the go with some big stuff to learn for 8/9 months now, he deserves a break soon - plus he will come on a lot for a few weeks at grass, he’s a big chap with still a lot of strengthening and growing to do.

We shall see !! He’ll make a lovely show/dressage/eventer for someone if I have to stop with him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the ticket, Trudi, nice day at the races but no winners; even my 'good thing' was beaten a neck by a 40/1 shot. That's racing for you. Your fella looked fit and I left a little e/w bet on him on betfair (4 places) I'm sure he's got a little race in him and will follow his progress with interest.

Cheers

Glad to help out!

It’s all learning for some horses and he’s one of those i think. He’s frustrating in that he looks the part and is perfectly capable of doing it - he just gets bored half way round and waves them goodbye [emoji2356][emoji2356][emoji2356]

If there was a lion behind them raisin would definitely be the dead one [emoji23]

:whistle: . . . . I didn't like to ask, but as you mentioned it . . . . . does he move nicely :lol:?

But seriously, as you say he's had to take a lot on board in a short time, and he's only just turned 4, and still has to fill his frame by the looks of him.

Letting him down, turning him out for some spring grass, and then starting afresh after a break sounds sensible.

Bu whatever the plan, I wish you all the best

Lol, very !! I had some dressage people want him when he was a foal, just from watching him walk and trot in the field - he absolutely floats...
or paddles like a twat when he forgets what he’s supposed to be doing, there’s not much inbetween....

How exciting - he finished in the same picture as the winner !!

d9c39b930bae86e537b6595991d01c7a.jpg

Just... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

039e3fb2d578840d9eb573b70b619743.jpg

Joe The Jeweller makes his seasonal bow tomorrow Limerick 1.50
A long time coming but he has been quite the delinquent this spring.
Mark Gallagher, who gave me my stopped clock moment of 2018 on Paved Paradise rides so i could not be happier, for now at least !
Come on us !!

Go on you !! . . . . and fingers crossed that he enoys sportsday more than school ! Enjoy !

Joe The Jeweller makes his seasonal bow tomorrow Limerick 1.50
A long time coming but he has been quite the delinquent this spring.
Mark Gallagher, who gave me my stopped clock moment of 2018 on Paved Paradise rides so i could not be happier, for now at least !
Come on us !!

Missed the break and ran green, not getting into it until race was over.
Had a cracking day though with An Capall, baldeagle, Tom the trainer and Robert the gourmet publican.
Jockey reported that horse should be better over a longer trip.
Met Brendan Powell who is settling well into his new role with Joseph.

Thanks for setting it all up Ed.
Lovely course, people and a spectacular birthday dinner in Kilaloe afterwards. Maria is being crucified on family Whatsapp group over her "Small horse. Faraway horse" blunder.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Glad you all had a good day and saw some promise for the future.

The squad for the new season is now in place. Dramalarma Lucy and Eileen O have gone back to their breeders which leaves established 'favourites':
Kemboy - all roads lead to Cheltenham
Cadmium - graded races
Robin De Carlow - won her beginners chase last month
Shanning - Galway?
Chambord Du Lys - handicap hurdles
Defy De Mee - over a hairline fracture and probably go over fences at some stage

plus the following who have yet to appear:
Greenane Lady (renamed from Get Over It) - leased 5yo mare by Shantou - ready to roll
Captain Kangaroo - 4yo Mastercraftsman gelding - bumpers late autumn
Mount Pleasant - 4yo Beat Hollow filly - bumpers autumn
Weston Park - 4yo Big Bad Bob filliy - bumpers autumn

I've also invested in Kemboy's cousin, a 3yo filly by Leading Light. Not a store as she's already been in work and schooled but she won't be out until next season.

Looking forward to seeing Greenane Lady too Archie as I’m in with her & the three other mares from last year. Worked well at the Curragh last week. Surprised not to see her get an entry at Cork on Friday.

Nice CV you’ve got going.

Thanks everyone. We ran into a good one, best of luck to the winner. I'd be hopeful that our girl will build on this and pick up a race or two.

Getaway Gorgeous returns to the track tomorrow after almost a year off following a hairline crack in her pelvis. The "good one" referred to in the above quote was Gypsy Island, who beat Gorgeous 5 lengths at Ballinrobe but has indeed turned out to be a good one.

Back