Forum Horse Connections

Good Luck to all involved with "JAZZAWAY" on Monday/Tuesday in Galway.

Thanks Paddy, as you will know by now she runs over hurdles tomorrow rather than on the flat on Tuesday. She's well treated by the race conditions and we're hopeful.

I’m afraid the news is not good. Jazzaway broke her fetlock, sesamoid and pastern in her near hind. The first thought was that she might possibly be saved for a breeding career, but when the surgeon saw the x-rays taken at the track he ruled that out.

RIP Jazzaway, you gave a lot of people more delight than you ever knew. Such a game horse, a little star.

I’m afraid the news is not good. Jazzaway broke her fetlock, sesamoid and pastern in her near hind. The first thought was that she might possibly be saved for a breeding career, but when the surgeon saw the x-rays taken at the track he ruled that out.

RIP Jazzaway, you gave a lot of people more delight than you ever knew. Such a game horse, a little star.

Terrible news. Commiserations to all involved. It really is a tough game at times.

Awful news, Grey. Always sad when a horse passes. She clearly means a lot to you so make sure to remember the good times with her and cherish those memories.

Take care mate.

Devastated R I P Jazzaway [emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A star performer for us all; the conditions of the race made it look a penalty kick; we would have cursed ourselves if she had not run and now we are sorry we ran.
Such is life.
Keep the faith and keep racing.

The loss of any horse is devastating but that of one that had already achieved a lot and had enormous potential is even harder to take. Deeply sorry for all the owners and all the others associated with Jazzaway.

Desperate news, so sorry for everyone.

Robinnia goes for us today in the 3.55 at Listowel. No easy task giving 7lbs to Magic Daze who was 2nd to Tellmesomethingirl at the festival last year. She seems to be over her last fence tip up at Galway in July so hopefully she jumps well and comes home safe.

Last edited:
That was a nice little trot round for Robinnia after Magic Daze was pulled out. Congratulations

Many thanks folks.

Good confidence booster and bar the 2nd last where she was, as Paul said ‘getting bored’ she jumped well. A pity Henry took out his mare but she’ll be back up to graded company again next time & hopefully & ultimately the Mares Chase come March the main target.

Back