Frankie Dettori Retirement Year Thread

He has literally conned people out of thousands with this charade, never mind his half arsed jockeyship over the years when he couldn't be bothered and the cameras weren't there.

Plenty of nice guys reach the top. Being successful is not an excuse for being an absolute Kunt of a human being.

Indeed. I caught the last half-hour or so of the Bobby Charlton programme last night.

There was an example of someone who was almost embarrassed by his greatness.

A little late night trivia.
Ronan Keating , I believe sang at Frankie's "retirement " party last Saturday.
Ronan and another celebrity featured in a Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionaire about 20 years ago.
They reached the million pound question, believe it or not.
The Question was
" On October 26 2002 which horse race was run at Arlington Park ?
A Kentucky Derby
B Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
C Breeders Cup Classic
D Melbourne Cup.

Ronan admitted to being at the Melbourne Cup and Prix de L'Arc but could not remember where.
His fellow celeb was not a racing fan so they took the money for charity.
Mad, or what..

If you don't know you don't know, and I don't know to be certain because I have very little interest in American racing. I presume the answer is Kentucky Derby, but it might have been The Breeders Cup Classic.

Anybody suggesting he’s all about the publicity, shame on you.

The generous soul has been confirmed for ITV’s I’m a celebrity starting next week in an utterly selfless act to promote erm.. himself

He was in Celebrity Big Brother a few years ago but they clearly didn’t rate him as he wasn’t shown a huge amount.

I've only ever watched any of those when an actor I really liked was in one of them and he didn't last very long, never watched them otherwise but get the premise. Some of them receive £250k for doing it, can't see him taking a lot less than that.

The wee shite was pushing for inclusion in the programme a couple of weeks ago.

I have to say, the longer this goes on the less I like him.

I've no intention of watching I'm a celebrity. But I don't think that we should hold jockeys to some kind of higher standard than we do with other celebrities.

I can't see that retiring from riding in some way disqualifies him from appearing on a **** TV show.

Oh, I agree, simmo.

All these slebs sink a long way in my estimation regardless of how high or low that was to start with once they succumb to this kind of temptation.

I might have to multi vote for him to eat things so he'll give up! If Farage goes in no one else stands a chance - she said as if she knew what she was talking about!

So he underwhelmed in the Jungle...out first but I suspect like so many reality shows, he wasn’t the Chosen One and so got zero airtime.

But he’s now been nominated for SPOTY alongside Stuart Broad, Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Rory McIlroy, Mary Earps and Alfie Hewitt. Will he get the huge support from racing fans who got AP across the line in front? I doubt it.

Back