Frankie Dettori Retirement Year Thread

Takes a long time to get the visa, so must have decided some time ago. He has been riding very well and fair enough to change his mind whilst that continues. He’s not the only one to do it - the latest is Simone Biles who has just got two golds at the World Gymnastics Championships and looked better than ever.

Takes a long time to get the visa, so must have decided some time ago. He has been riding very well and fair enough to change his mind whilst that continues. He’s not the only one to do it - the latest is Simone Biles who has just got two golds at the World Gymnastics Championships and looked better than ever.

I think though with Simone Biles that was understandable. She was in her prime but took time out to deal with issues resulting from sexual harassment that she had suffered. He just likes his ego being massaged!

Last edited:
I think though with Simone Biles that was understandable. She was in her prime but took time out to deal with issues resulting from sexual harassment that she had suffered. He just likes his ego being massaged!

Fair enough, but there are plenty of other examples. That said, you have an inside track to what he’s like and I wouldn’t dream of challenging that. It’s just the riding part and even there I know (and have seen from afar) that he has often given poor rides when not bothered. Perhaps his good riding (mostly) this season is because he has had to be bothered more than usual :D

Can you imagine it ?. He’ll probably ask for an entrance where his glorious return is announced by bugles, riding with King Charles & Camilla.

Before jumping off the top of their car into his adoring crowd.

She walked away for her mental health, not because she'd had a long career etc, she never actually said she was retirng as he did.

Might have known with him though, his ego wouldn't be able to cope. He has enough connections that a visa would not have been a lengthy issue. or problem at all. Racing is all who you know not what you know.

Lester would have come back to ride Tate Gallery in 1986 2000 Gns but there was mention he was contractually unable to: it may have been Nottingham racecourse who held the key to that contract.
Have we any contacts there ?
Frankie may have been a little more clever.

No.point in being a massive C U Next Tuesday unless you can prove it.

I'm sure he'll pay back all the money he received under false pretences!

Last edited:
I look forward to ITV racing calling him out.

Dream on....:whistle:! Chamberlain loves nothing more than sucking up to all and sundry “It will be marvellous news for racing etc. Etc.” He will continue to milk this as much as possible. I see Newmarket are giving him a spot after racing doing some sort of DJing.....more ego massaging. Also see that there’s starting to be a fair bit of negativity on social media about him now. Lots saying he’s conned the racing public.

Wasn't there a dinner event after Champions Day where the tickets were £1250 and there were plenty of other pay offs etc. It's not just being a prick it's fraud plain and simple.

Something happened earlier which reminded me of the bookies back in 1995 when I first got into racing.

The puggy in the corner was a Frankie Dettori machine and every time somebody won something the machine would exclaim "You Are A Weeener".

Brilliant. Love Frankie.

The sectionals will be interesting. Kyprios looked to be struggling to go the pace but it maybe meant he ended up not doing too much and it looked like he was fighting back again at the line.

Might Trawlerman have won much more easily had he not chased the lead?

Back