Silver Frost
Roi Des Sables
Shaweel
Westphalia
Born To Be King
Vocalised
Diableside
Oiseau De Feu

:lol::lol::lol: Does he do it deliberately now? Annoying as Naaqoos's price will suffer for this.

Perhaps. I was waiting for your response!

Too much racing for Vocalised? Sunday will be his fourth run already this season.

Perhaps. I was waiting for your response!

Too much racing for Vocalised? Sunday will be his fourth run already this season.

I'm sorry Hamm but he's indefensible after this. His declarations here go against, literally everything he's said in the last 8 days. My only annoyance (and probably Jim's) is that Betfair didn't have a market up for the race as I would have backed Vocalised just to lay it off.

Vocalised is such a gash price at 3s now. Will wait for other firms to take a view on it, I suppose the advantage of Betfair not pricing it up is that firms have to form an opinion on the race and price it up accordingly, I imagine the most will wait until Betfair release the market though.

Are the decs for the girls out Gal?

Can't argue with you on that one.

Anyone going?

I'll see how the Euro Millions goes...

I had looked at flights as I'm doing sod all on Sunday but they were a little pricey and Ryanair fly nearer to Calais than Paris I believe.

Hamm wrote:

Could well be a race too far, but I expect Vocalised to put up a bold show on Sunday.

Creachadoir managed to get second in his Fr Guineas on his fifth run of the season - and then still managed a successful season thereafter. JB races them hard if he thinks they can take it. (Still think he got Finsceal Beo wrong though after she won the English 2000.)

Hamm wrote:

Could well be a race too far, but I expect Vocalised to put up a bold show on Sunday.

Creachadoir managed to get second in his Fr Guineas on his fifth run of the season - and then still managed a successful season thereafter. JB races them hard if he thinks they can take it. (Still think he got Finsceal Beo wrong though after she won the English 2000.)

I guess you mean the English 1,000... still you have to give JB credit for going for all three early-season fillies classics 1-2-1 wasn't a bad result. Longer term you might well argue that he got it wrong as she never won again.

Thanks for the correction, Steve - 1000G of course. 1-2-1 was a fantastic result of course - but it really told on a wonderful filly - a horse I love.

Thanks for the correction, Steve - 1000G of course. 1-2-1 was a fantastic result of course - but it really told on a wonderful filly - a horse I love.

You may well be right.Then again she'll be remembered for her astonishing Guineas achievements.

I think running her in the Coronation on soft ground was what really did her for the season.

Her best form last year wasn`t far off her Guineas run.

If Westphalia puts it all in tomorrow and gets a bit of luck in running (his style of racing can leave him vulnerable to traffic problems) he should be hard to beat...well fancied.

Interesting that Spencer rides the Born To Be King....well bred horse by Storm Cat out of Quarter Moon and he has inherited some of her temperment. None the less he is a talented colt so the first time blinkers can be looked at in two ways. Firstly if he is a pacemaker (strange for Spencer to be booked for a pacemaker?) to make sure he is sharp enough early on to set a good pace and if he is not to make sure he puts it all in. Definitely going to have a look at him tomorrow as a possible big improver but think Westphalia and Silver Frost will fight it out.

5s on Naaqoos is too tempting. I can`t believe a colt of his scope and attractivness hasn`t trained on. The trainer must have felt the Djebel was a formality without having him that close to his peak.

AOB usually wins this with Group 2 animals in poor renewals. I don`t think his will be good enough this year.

I fear Naaqoos supporters are going to be disappointed again.

Whats the trainer form like this season....last year was a bit of a freak for him wasn't it?

5s on Naaqoos is too tempting. I can`t believe a colt of his scope and attractivness hasn`t trained on. The trainer must have felt the Djebel was a formality without having him that close to his peak.

AOB usually wins this with Group 2 animals in poor renewals. I don`t think his will be good enough this year.

I agree on Westphalia which makes me think Silver Frost is a massive price at 11/2, his speed ratings are very good on my figures. I really like Naaqoos and I've lost a fair bit on him antepost on the English Guineas but the more I watch the Grand Criterium (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzW0r9MzHLU) I just think he's a relentless galloper and 1m2f will be more his trip.

Thoughts on the 1000? Proportional is a mad mad price if she has trained on and that's quite the if granted.

Even if she`s trained on I can`t see Fantasia getting beat.

I think she's a right lay, she beat absolutely feck all in the Nell Gwyn and the form from the fillies mile has hardly stood up in it's (adimitedly limited) sample this year. I'm not sure I have the balls to lay her as she was visually impressive but I may look to find some value against her.

Back