French Guineas

I would think the layers have priced him on the basis that Westphalia should reverse form given how much they`re improving from their first runs.

Naaqoos pedigree is fascinating. On first glance you`d think he`d struggle to get a mile but the likes of Landing Light, Youmzain and Pilsudski are members of his family.

Worth taking into account the PMU if you're betting on this race, the French seem to have followed Naaqoos in looking on ZE Turf. Westphalia at 11/2 on the PMU and 13/2 on the ZE Turf pool at present.

Proportional to place at the same price the fav is to win, with the chance of actually winning thrown in is a better bet than Fantasia to my (admittedly fuzzy today) mind.

I am also taking a (big) chance on K. Ryan's Undaunted Affair to get the trip and be good enough to get placed at big prices.

Vocalised 9/1 on PMU.

I've gone with Silver Frost, 7s was huge. I might cover with Naaqoos near the off because I couldn't face him winning and not backing him after how convinced I was about him all Winter.

Naaqoos pulled like mad. Westphalia and Murtagh got murdered; Excellent Art-esque dare I say it.

Westphalia made alot of his own trouble but is talented and will land one of these races.

Naaqoos is not good enough but the winner looks smart.

I think Naaqoos will be better over further but he needs to settle. He did well in the circumstances. The winner is better than RUK are making out, he's improving with every run.

Naaqoos looks a right monkey. The jock had to follow the pacemakers at too fast a pace in order for him to settle. The winner got the run of the race for me.

He looked a colt of real potential last year. And not winning a pretty average renewal of a pretty average classic has to be a major disappointment.

In fact they turned down Westphalia's plea but they threw Naaqoos out for other interference so Westphalia gets third anyway.

I'll be dancing if they disqualify Le Havre, had a RFC on Silver Frost and Naaqoos.

Silver Frost will make his mark in the top mile races this year.

Gareth, couldn't have insulted Westphalia anymore with the US Ranger comment! I thought the same now.

French stewards are hilarious. That would have got left as it was in about 2 mins in England.

Neither system is ideal, a happy medium would be better.

Back