Galway-Goodwood Competition

£2000 win Global City 14.45 Goodwood

Several bookies have it at 40-1 :ninja:

Edit
Out to 50-1 Bet365 and Tote if I'm allowed to take bigger odds

Last edited:
:lol: We've had a bit of everything in this comp.

I'm sorry to say that you've had your bet, SS, but I'd like to think it's the only time Banimpire will ever let you down, she's one hell of a tough and genuine horse.

I accept the verdict of the court ... fairy nuff.

Well, i won't be winning now ... the money would have gone on Evens And Odds at a very nice 22/1 ...

Great comp, so well done Grey & Swedish. There's been some mighty impressive picks indeed and a good humour throughout, making kind allowances in one direction! :)

Last edited:
I accept the verdict of the court ... fairy nuff.

Well, i won't be winning now ... the money would have gone on Evens And Odds at a very nice 22/1 ...

Great comp, so well done Grey & Swedish. There's been some mighty impressive picks indeed and a good humour throughout, making kind allowances in one direction! :)

Thanks Soary, the competiton is definitely a thinking men/women's competition. You obviously thought about it more than most and played what may have been a tactical mastercard by going ante-post to ensure the best price. Unfortunately as many of us have experienced, we all know what happens if the horse doesn't turn up on the day. The kind allowances and rules changes that have been made have been fully discussed between Grey and myself and allowed on grounds of common sense or valid points. Unfortunately my friend you did not have a case but one day your tactics will prove fruitful. Thanks for playing.:thumbsup:

Swedish, this is a nice, even gracious, post and my thanks for it!

A small word here ...
Well, my reference to 'kind allowances' was <ahem> going in Hamm's direction & referenced 'good humour'!

:)

Last edited:
15:45 Goodwood - Secret Asset @ 33/1 (Totesport, Boylesports, Bluesq, Coral) £400EW

14:55 Galway - Trendelenburg @ 14/1 (Bet365, Skybet, Tote etc) £200EW

14:25 Galway - Cnoc Seoda @ 40/1 if poss (Paddy Power, 33/1 with Skybet, 25/1 Bet365) £500EW

Thanks

Martin

I'll finish off by having 2K win Colonel Mak is the 3:45 Goodwood, mainly because I like it's name.:)

14/1 Sporting Bet

Last edited:
Here goes -

Goodwood

2.05 Golden Desert £100 ew
2.35 Activate £100 ew
3.10 Midday £400 win
3.45 Brave Prospector £100 ew
4.55 Apostle £100 ew

Galway

2.55 London Bridge £100 ew

Thanks for this and good luck all

Opening Balance €800

14.25 Galway Law Rebel @ 7/1 paddypower @ 5/1 Boylesports €100 win

2.55 London Bridge @ 8/1 paddypower @ 8/1 Boylesports €100 win

15:45 Goodwood - Victoire De Lyphar @ 12/1 paddypower @ 14/1 Boylesports €300 e/w

Great competition very well organised. Very good fun

Off to the races again today

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just discovered this
If its ok for me to join in ill have one stab at victory
and go for

Jembatt 400 Galway @33/1 Boyles as i type, and 25/1 PPowers, -2000win

or 1000 on each price should noone else go 33s tomorrow morning,if thats how it has to be..im sure bet365 will copy Boyles ;)

Kjansch, thanks but, on this occasion, it's too late. New entrants were being accepted up to and including Thursday. You can comfort yourself with the knowledge that if Jembatt had won, you would have been settled at 25/1. When you deduct the other £3,000 from the starting bank of £5,000, which we would be obliged to assume you would have lost, your total would be (just) short of Luke's towering total.

Keep an eye out for other competitions on here in the not too distant future. The plan is to have more of them and to publicise them better.

The only threat I can see -and I havent given it that much attention-is someone finding a big outsider.

Correct, and to have a chance of winning the green jersey prize you could use a big winner today, because you'd need ten points and that probably wouldn't be enough anyway.

The people with the tactical dilemma are the ones in closest contention for the green jersey. They all need to be sure of a score today, but how big a score do they go for? It could turn out that, with everyone else going for big outsiders, any kind of a return could be enough for one of them to win the green.

Last edited:
Opening Balance €800

14.25 Galway Law Rebel @ 7/1 paddypower @ 5/1 Boylesports €100 win
2.55 London Bridge @ 8/1 paddypower @ 8/1 Boylesports €100 win

15:45 Goodwood - Victoire De Lyphar @ 12/1 paddypower @ 14/1 Boylesports €300 e/w

Great competition very well organised. Very good fun

Off to the races again today

:thumbsup:

Law rebel is a non runner could I put €200 win on London Bridge in the 2.55 instead? If not, no problem:)

Forward moves today in the green jersey contest from Krizon, Euronymous and New Approach. It will come down to the last couple of races. Qzy might not be out of it either if his selection wins in the last at Galway.

I haven't checked but I don't think there are too many live shells still out there to deny Luke the yellow.

Back