Getting older

Congrats to Colm, sounds lovely

Good luck to everyone with their day to day battles too.

Tanlic, CH with those protective gloves may not be the best hope but I do wish you well and hope you still enjoy Thailand

Currently laid up with a ruptured eardrum...pain like which I have never felt before and that includes regular migraines which can be severe and also multiple broken bones from horse falls.

I caught an Covid like infection on the train to Gatwick two weeks ago. Had a rubbish holiday in France as a result with two day’s in bed. Flew back a week ago and the flight was bumpy so my ears struggled. Friday morning I was in screaming agony. Go to pharmacy where 12yo assistant said Beconase (I didn’t have any congestion at this time). I managed to get triage nurse at our surgery to see me later that day. She said outer ear inflammation and prescribed steroidal spray. I administered four times but this morning the pain was something else. I was weeping with pain. So I went to A&E and I have a badly ruptured eardrum. I shouldn’t have been given the spray at all as it’s set up fluid inside ear for infection. So good job I went to A&E...have to say they were fantastic (this is Musgrove Hospital in Taunton and I’ve always found them exceptional). Doctor was so kind and caring so now I’m on heavy duty painkillers and oral antibiotics.

It’s taking a while to kick in and the Arc was watched still in agony so apologies to Marb who was texting me his good news that I wasn’t more with it!

Back