Giovanni D'oro

Great stuff Gamla. Certainly wasn't stopping and it can only have been a positive experience for him to be able to pass so many horses.

Really thrilled for you all and esp for you Gamla as you worked so hard to get the right horse. Many happy days to come I hope!

I'm also thrilled for Mandy, give her my congrats and best wishes. As you know [but other forumites don't], I contacted her about a horse I had a share in when she claimed him last October. Some trainers might not appreciate being told about a horse's needs and quirks and previous problems, but Mandy did - just wanted the best for the hrose and was very willing to listen - she was grateful even, or said she was. I think she must be a very good horsewoman and Gio is obviously very happy now in a smaller stable whcih means he will eat up and flourish.

Well done! You must be chuffed to bits and you've obviously got a lot to look forward to with him.

Great first run for you, hope that there are many more equally enjoyable days to be had with this fella!

Not really Kathy, he's having an easy week now. He didn't eat his dinner on Thursday night but he's ok now. Handicapper has put him up 2lb which to be honest is welcome as it makes getting into races easier!

Looking at a race over the same C&D next month or a race over 1m1f at Ayr but soft ground is essential, plenty of that at the moment!

Thanks for the update, GS.

Yes, I think this soft ground will be around for a while as they have forecast more rain for next month too. Who would have thought that in July horses may actually be able to get their favoured soft ground. Bizarre.

Sorry for the lack of updates, just moved house so limited internet access.

He's bouncing at home, Mandy's yard is in good form and she's keen to run him. Whilst the ground is soft we're looking to run him within the next 10 days.

Nottingham on Sat looks good if he gets in the race.

Make the most of the soft weather, GS. :) So many other owners have their horses say in their boxes praying for lots of sun and firmer ground.

Fingers crossed for another great run!

He's declared for Nottingham on Thursday evening in the 8.40 race. Stepping him up in trip to nearly 1m2f.

Expecting a decent run to be honest, he's very well at home, he'll love the ground and the form of the Beverley race is working out well. Hopefully he'll be a half decent price.

Booked Chris Catlin to ride as Royston wasn't available and I didn't think Frankie would be able to do the weight inbetween his 2 Godolphin rides sadly. Drawn in 11 which isn't ideal but won't be too detrimental I hope.

Good Luck tonight, GS! I hope Gio does you proud in the 8.40 at Nottingham this evening.

Sorry folks, still offline at home.

Chris basically pulled him up in the final 2f. Chris said he travelled beautifully until they hit the heavy ground in the straight and then he just wouldn't go on it and was hanging left on it and went out like a light. Very odd but we haven't found anything amiss with him so we'll just have to draw a line through the run and hope he returns to form next time out. They went a furious pace early on too and don't think that helped his cause either.

Probably bring him back down in trip slightly and back down in class.

Back